Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_295870503

Design Feedback and Next Steps?

19 hours ago

We moved into our home just over one year ago with the assumption that we would do a major remodel of the kitchen. We have spoken with a couple contractors and structural engineer. We are stuck on the desigh piece. Our current dislikes are that the kitchen is small for the size of the house and has a very poor flow. The space between the range and the sink is 36" on one side and 32" on the other. For our large family and even larger extended family events where 4-5 people can be cooking or cleaning at the same time, this is very tight. The biggest problem is the angled wall that cuts the kitchen from the family room. We want to remove the angled wall and combine the kitchen and family room into a larger kitchen. The kitchen will then open up to the living room. A bonus will be to take advantage of the modest view and large deck behind the kitchen.


I'd love some feedback on the design. What functional issues have I created? Am I cutting the kitchen off from the living room by placing the dining in the middle? Do any of you have an amazing idea on how to reconfigure the space that puts my plan to shame?


I'd like to know the best way to proceed. I think I need a designer or architect to finalize the details then choose the contractors? How can I move from ideas to finished product? We are located in Utah County if you have amazing recommendations. Any rules of thumb to keep the budget appropriate for our home and area?


Ive included the listing photos from when we bought the home along with the current floor plan for reference. I have also attached my design blueprint and 2 renderings.








Comments (4)