Software
Houzz Logo Print
greenwoodframed

I need console table help

9 years ago

I bought a console table to go behind my roll-arm couch. Iv'e bought almost all of our furniture online, sight unseen, and had great results until now. The table is exactly 1/2" taller than advertised, which makes it ever-so-slightly higher than our couch (by maybe 1/4"). The table has a marble slab top and it is heavy, and we had to destroy the packaging to get it out of the box and assemble it. The online retailer said I could return it (at my own cost) for a refund, but it doesn't seem worth it for a $300 table.


It really doesn't fit anywhere else and it's starting to grow on me, but it definitely needs some decoration. The original hope is that it would sit just below the back of the couch and primarily be a place to rest drinks (and be largely invisible most of the time,) but now I think it needs a big lamp or something if it's going to stay. See pics below- what are everyone's thoughts? Is it just too weird of a fit? It will literally end up in our shed if we don't use it in this room as it doesn't fit anywhere else in the house.

Help :(



more pictures of the livingroom can be found here: www.greenwoodframed.com


Comments (15)