Software
Houzz Logo Print
norgen

Help for my dining room

9 years ago
I recently opened a wall from the kitchen to the dining room. But now I need to finish up the dining room and I am not sure what it needs first. All thoughts appreciated.

Comments (8)

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Some great art possibly a tryptic. Some great trios of various subjects. Check etsy.com for original art.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I like what you have achieved and your red chairs. Bring that color to your new art.
  • PRO
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I definitely would add some sort of artwork to the wall, make sure it is large enough to make a statement but not too big that it takes away from the rest of the space. If you're open to the idea, try anchoring the dinning set with a rug that ties in the red chairs and any other color that you decide to use in the space. Dressing up the table with some place settings or a centerpiece wouldn't be a bad idea either. Go even further and bring the red color over to the kitchen with maybe some red appliances, accessories or fun bar stools. Great job on the reno!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Very nice!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I definitely would add some sort of artwork to the wall, make sure it is large enough to make a statement but not too big that it takes away from the rest of the space. If you're open to the idea, try anchoring the dinning set with a rug that ties in the red chairs and any other color that you decide to use in the space. Dressing up the table with some place settings or a centerpiece wouldn't be a bad idea either. Go even further and bring the red color over to the kitchen with maybe some red appliances, accessories or fun bar stools. Great job on the reno!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I would choose red or green accents but not both. If the black chairs are staying, could you add new fabric that picks up the red and gray?

    A rug under your table would look nice and be cosy. There are many easy care options. I echo the call for substantial art. You could also do a picture ledge if you like to swap out your artwork. Something like this only not so long, maybe.

    Could be fun to paint your bar stools black or red to match the chairs. Or just the seats or legs?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    It definitely calls for perhaps a large piece of art on the wall with complimentary colors--good opportunity to apply your own personal tastes, and identity.

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert