Software
Houzz Logo Print
aokat15

Floors

9 years ago
Can you tell me about the floors - type, brand, color?
North Forest Beach Rental · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    That's Coretec "Clear Lake Oak" by US Floors


    http://www.usfloorsllc.com/product-category/coretec-plus/5-plank/#/flooring-products/clear-lake-oak


    This product was chosen for both aesthetic quality and durability, as the house is designed for short-term rentals and has a pool.

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks so much! We have been looking at coretec for our beach house. Did you have any stairs in this project and if so, did you use coretec on the stairs? I have been concerned with how that would look. Thank you again!


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You're welcome! I'm happy to help.


    Coretec is an excellent product for a beach house. While I love real wood, it doesn't hold up well to humidity, nor to wet, sandy feet over time. Coretec gives the look but holds up like a commercial floor.


    Yes, this project did have stairs. The treads, landing, and second floor nosing were raw white oak, which was then stained and varnished to match the flooring. It looked great. Coretec will not work on stairs.

  • 9 years ago

    Thank you! Yes, I saw some coretec "flush" nose trim pieces online but wasn't sure if that would actually look like real wood stairs. Thank you again!