Software
Houzz Logo Print
robinbrownson

Has fabric been treated?

9 years ago
Hi! Wondering if for easy clean up if the fabric on these chairs has been treated with anything. Also is there an arm chair that can compliment these? Thanks!
GDF Studio Cello Contemporary Dining Chairs (Set of 2), Beige, Fabric · More Info

Comment (1)

  • 9 years ago
    The fabric is not treated, and GDF claims doing so yoursel would void the warranty. But, since tbe warranty is only 30 days, and they 6 chairs I purchased are all very sturdy and a good quality, I chose to use Scotchguard protectant spray immediately upon receiving them, before using them. The beige linen is lovely, but not too practical for those of us who can be messy and use these as our daily used kitchen chairs, vs. formal dining room chairs. The chairs come packed with a loose fitted sheer light fabric that is tied beneath the seat to anchor it for shipping purposes. I chose to retain the covers for future use...just in case. I am also considering purchasing a short length slip cover to retain these lovely chairs for years to come. I would LOVE for the manufacturer, GDF, to create this same chair using a few different Sunbrella fabric options, or other similar durable acrylic fabrics.