0

Need ideas for front porch tiles/stone

sara Tee
April 29, 2017

we bought our home a year ago and we spent all of last year doing some much needed work inside the home including redoing the master bath, adding ceiling lights , closets, refinishing the hardwood floor etc. this year our focus is the exterior. We need ideas to redo our front porch including the two entrance steps( picture included) which is all from the 60s and plain concrete. There is bluestone at the base of the front porch and on the walkway so something that goes with hat stone would be ideal. We will likely diy with the help of a contractor. Our budget is around $2-3k . Man it's so hideous right now!

• everdebz

I have had to live with concrete too, so I don't exactly hate it. I'd add more elements though, but seeing the front from farther away would help.

Are you considering within budget painting a softer front door, etc.? would seem nice with creamy color.

• acm

I wonder if you could have the concrete stained to better match the bluestone, and then decorate/disguise the porch with a mix of furniture and plantings to make it more welcoming. Worth considering other color combinations for shutters and door, at least...