Software
Houzz Logo Print
hliyang16

bed or futon

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I am looking to redecorate my beauty room/guess bedroom. We don't have many guest that sleep over (only during fishing occasions). I am wondering if i should leave the king mattress that i have in there already or get rid of it and put in a futon that can be utilized as a couch and bed.

king mattress
futon

Comments (7)

  • 9 years ago

    I got one of the couch futons. it even has removable arms. now the futon can be a little firm, but there is storage beneath. so i got a feather bed and put that with the sheets etc. in its storage.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Why don't you buy a comfy sofa bed, futon is hard !

  • 9 years ago

    King mattress seems like it would take up way too much space to only be used by an occasional guest. I didn't know they still made futons. I had one in the 90s when I was trying to save money and didn't have much furniture and it gave me a sore back. Go for a sleeper sofa or sleeper loveseat. Or how about an air mattress if you don't have many sleep overs. You can deflate it when you need the space.

  • 9 years ago

    my problem is the air mattresses we bought kept deflating. if you have adults, they may well be uncomfortable with it on the floor. i have never been the right size to be comfy on a fold out couch-there is always a bar sticking somewhere. When you put an airmattress - if you can get a non leaking one, or a featherbed/foam on top when made, it really is quite comfy. the modern ones are now made to look like couches and even have the height to make them comfortable.

  • 9 years ago
    I would say keep the king mattress. As both a guest and a host, I have found most people prefer a regular mattress. As a guest, I really appreciate a good bed and would have an uncomfortable night on a futon. Some air mattresses are ok but many are low and it is hard for me with my back, to get up and down. As a host, I like to offer a comfy bed and many guests have told me how well they slept when visiting. Most younger people can sleep on anything, but as you get older, a bed is nice to have. As to a sleeper sofa, many offer an air mattress instead of a thin foam one and I hear those are comfortable too. My Mom got hers from Lazy-Boy. Might be something to look at.
  • 9 years ago

    If u rarely have guest n r actually using this room as a dressing area, then I'd get a futon to give up the room u want on a daily basis. It just depends on ur use of the room. I think U should do what's comfortable for u. Besides u don't want to make it to comfortable for guest since u do want them to leave. Lol. :)