Software
Houzz Logo Print
okusa24

Hanging big screen TV over Gas Fireplace

13 years ago
Hey guys, I am interested in installing a 46" Kingsman gas linear fireplace model ZRB46 and adding a 52" lcd above it. I believe I would need 2 feet clearance but I want to make sure.

I am extending a current wall in my living room in order for the fireplace to fit so I would like some advice before I continue.

I do not want to add a mantle because the wall they are being installed on will have all stone surrounding and I want it to look clean and flush.

I also dont want to put the tv in the wall (making a cut out for it) in case I change TV sizes later, so the TV would be placed on top of the stone.

Does anybody have any advice with the install, do I need a heat shield installed the wall to stop heat from traveling up to the TV.

Keep in mind, the fireplace will only be used for show so it wont be on daily with the TV running.

Please help me out if you guys can.

Thanks,

Ray

Comments (3)