amakingspace

Living Room overhaul, help needed

A Makingspace
last modified: May 10, 2017

Ok, here are some pictures of the living room. Sorry they are dark, I tried flash and this was as good as I could get. And Please ignore the furniture in these pics--it's leaving.

We have ordered this sectional below in a darker shade of gray. We measured and it fits fine. We wanted a big seating area for all of us (3 little kids) to snuggle up on.

Sarah 3 Pc. Sectional Group · More Info

I am considering this area rug, too. But I am very open to new rug ideas, I just want it light colored.

As for the oak trim in our room. For now it stays, a big question I have is - will some window
treatments will help cover it on the windows? I have no idea what to do here, but maybe
4 white long curtains? And do I hang start rod at ceiling to make it look bigger? Do I also add any blinds
(white wooden?), or just curtains? These are possible curtains below, but I SO OPEN to window ideas! And if anyone
has photoshop and can show how window treatments might look on my
windows, I would be so appreciative. I'd love to somehow hide the oak on the windows.

We also will need lamps, and I have a West Elm glider (it's dove gray) in the nursery that I may stick in here if it looks good.

--Please, please, be gentle & supportive. I am having a rough time with all of this for some reason.