Software
Houzz Logo Print
andre_schott

black marks on monstera deliciosa leaves

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi there,

Over the last couple of days, my Monstera is developing black marks on some of its leaves. I also noticed large parts of a new leaf displaying lots of black marks as it is unfolding, as seen below.

I water the plant only when the top inch dries out and always empty any water that drips into the tray.

It stands in a south facing conservatory with blinds always closed, so no direct sunlight but it does get very hot (30C and above) when the sun is out.

I have only lived in this house for a few months and have had the Monstera in the conservatory for about 3 months. The only things that have changed over the last week or so is that the weather has become a bit warmer (hot in conservatory) and I have started misting every morning before going to work. Could the misting be the problem or is 30C/86F and above just too much heat - or is there something else not right?

Many thanks for your advice, Andre

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus