Software
Houzz Logo Print
stletc30

Which art work?

9 years ago
Hello,
Picked up couple artwork - glass artwork from local store. Not sure if any work for the area. Elephant painting is 48x30; water droplets is 48x20.
Sofa is 96 inches.


Also I am trying to see if the droplet artwork will go in the bedroom over the dresser
Rest of the house is decorated in a contemporary theme.
Any feedback is appreciated!

Comments (58)

  • 9 years ago

    I think it's the photography, maybe something abstract? What do you think?

  • 9 years ago

    I see a lovely couch, side tables, a modern chair to the left, modern arched lamp and a nice coffee table. I feel the elephant art and the giraffe statues don't tie in (fit) nor does the piece on the other end table however I can't tell what it is.

    Anita thanked Porter Edun
  • 9 years ago
    Yes, all along, I have been thinking mirrors or abstract large scale painting..

    But this art looks majestic.. just not right for this location.

    The water droplets on dandelion would have worked, if it was bigger.

    Both of these are printed in glass and frameless. Makes the wall art 'different'
  • 9 years ago

    OK, glass and frameless, I can see that's "different." Now that you mention a mirror though, I can see one over the sofa, perhaps a warmer wood?

  • 9 years ago
    @porter Edmund- the other items of the end table is an abstract lamp, with. Led lights hidden in the wire.

    I got the giraffes from a different place to see if it will help.. but not really..

    I am trying to see if anything would work
  • 9 years ago

    I think it's OK to collect things you like, it doesn't have to be a theme. The picture is kind of modern because the elephant, from what I can tell is walking down a road.

  • 9 years ago
    Awesome photography
  • 9 years ago
    @JWilliams- yes like the photography, with the setting sun and some clouds.

    Thanks for the etsy links. Like the black -white mud cloth!
  • 9 years ago

    Anita, if you love it, use it!

    Anita thanked northpoint2
  • 9 years ago

    Yes, agree with Anita.... it only matters that you love it... if you love it in the space use it!

  • 9 years ago

    The large tan vase - have you tried that as an elephant accompaniment? ;-)

  • 9 years ago

    Some lamps for reading...plants! Brings character into a room.

    Anita thanked User
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I like ProBev's a lot - but if your pillow is eggplant, why not art with purples and teals? you know what? I think it's too dark for the white couch....

    Anita thanked everdebz
  • 9 years ago

    Good with your dew/ leaf art?

    Surya Abo 18x18x0.25 Green Pillow Cover · More Info

    Anita thanked everdebz
  • 9 years ago

    "....changes color with the light, and reflects additional hues of dark jade and forest green. The rich dupioni silk fabric gives the pillow wonderful depth and texture." Could fade in sun.

    Pillow Decor Sankara Silk Throw Pillows 18"x18", Jade Green · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    If you still looking for some artwork .... Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop -

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery

    ****CUSTOM SIZE AVAILABLE ****









    Anita thanked Poovi Art
  • 9 years ago

    @Pro Bev : Love all your idea!! You are right, I am heading to a Glass-metal theme and I will replace the glass accessories with other matrial. I have been eyeing this piece from West Elm, which would be perfect in size and a different material.

    http://www.westelm.com/products/framed-handmade-paper-wall-art-w1867/?pkey=cdimensional-art

    In the mean time, came across these two glass art work, and would love to keep them.

    I am tryign to find a different location for the elephant. May be it will fit better in the foyer. I will post a pic in few minute of my existign foyer.
    I have an ethnic painting( I am from India).

    Someone sitting on the white sofa will be looking at the elephant paining, as the rom I am decorating is right off the foyer.


  • 9 years ago

    @everdebz - I can change the pillow, not a problem.. I think I was tryign to make the elephant painting work with teh current setting.

    Seems like I will have to find a different place for it.


    As Pro Bev suggested, I will add texture and material and break away from glass and metal :)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hey Anita. Love your style. A vibrant coffee plant or a dwarf fruit tree could look neat in either of those corners as well

    Anita thanked Soltech Solutions LLC
  • 9 years ago
    Thinking of replacing current pic with the elephant glass print.

    What do you think?

    Found a place for the Krishna painting
  • 9 years ago
    Thank you @Soltech
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Have not read all the comments so will just answer your dilemma question....I love the elephant art..the colors are perfect with your decor and I really like the size ....it is more of a clean line style so no need for a hugh piece of art..with your decor style it is important to have blank wall to keep it looking uncomplicated and open.......you could add a couple modern sconces if you want a large visual but not necessary..your room looks great!

    Anita thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Just don't over decorate or accessorize..I think I would remove one of the side tables and add fiddle fig leaf tree or large elephant palm would be fantastic!

    Anita thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • 9 years ago

    Love your room, tall plant would be nice, but don't settle on art until you find something you love...

    I paint so it easier for me, but sometimes multiple art better for large wall.

    Anita thanked sofikbr
  • 9 years ago

    @sofiakbr - I like the piece of Art and trying to make it fit :)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Make sure not to hang your art to high...middle of art should be around 60" from the floor...

    Anita thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • 9 years ago

    @Home Interiors with Ease Thank you for supporting my original idea.. yes I had thoughts about couple candle holders from zgallerie, if it looks empty. http://www.zgallerie.com/p-15458-prism-wall-sconce.aspx


    I will keep looking at the picture for few more days and see if I continue to like the elephant :)


  • 9 years ago

    Another common rule of thumb is the art should be a comfortable viewing height (centre is eye level) but that only works if you are hanging single pieces not salon style.

  • 9 years ago

    Have you said how high the wall is? Seen houzz photos with a border painted or trimmed onto the wall / to enlarge the size....?

  • 9 years ago

    Pros? think good to fill the wall this way?

    A colourful London home · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I think her wall is to expansive for that treatment and her style seems more minimal.

    Anita thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • 9 years ago

    ... only if the creative help is within you, or around... no one wants a mess!

    Hollywood Regency Living Room · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    At the end the elephant art is staying.. at least for now. But in the foyer.

    I think I need to change the fillers in the vase. Probably have something earthy? Moss?? Any suggestions?
  • 9 years ago
    Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions! Really appreciate your input. Finally decided one middle ground, where found a place for it, but not originally where intended.

    Thanks again!
  • 9 years ago

    I don't think we've seen the vase from another view/side.... what does it look like empty even?

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I recall the 2 art pieces - would you show the dewdrop one there?? it's even simpler, isn't it? and might let the 3-D below it, 'show' even better...

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Don't know what was decided, or if you are still looking for suggestions. I love the elephant, simple, clean and strong, like your room. I would go with Decorating With Ease's ideas, they will enhace your room.

    Anita thanked Saheb Architecture
  • 9 years ago
    @everdebz the vase is from zgallerie
    http://www.zgallerie.com/p-5622-ellipse-vase-20h.aspx
    The dew picture is going back. It's smaller in height than the elephant.

    Keeping the elephant, and is hung now at its place for couple years, until I feel like changing the picture.

    I avoid any heavy artwork above sofa or bed.. just in case. That was a main reason, moved the elephant on top of foyer table.

    Thank you for your feedback
  • 9 years ago
    @Ritu, yes keeping the elephant. It's printed on glass. Looks majestic, to my eyes:)
  • 9 years ago

    No problems... and seeing your vase, I'm guessing the decorative balls would 'fall out'...

    would a round perforated metal look nice in it -- lit also?

  • 9 years ago
    Lamps on or behind the side tables would help. BUY SOMETHING FROM A LOCAL ARTIST.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I would add one large palm or elephant ear leaf....so simple and elegant

    Anita thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Anita instead of putting the vase in the middle of your glass table I would punch it more to one side with one exotic leaf pretty.

    Anita thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    This is from Pier One. It's big which is what you need for over the sofa. 63x 43

    Fantastic price. $187 Shipping might be free. Framed, too.

  • 9 years ago

    @Home Interiors with Ease

    - love your idea of a leaf!

    jbtanyderi thanks. I should visit next time I hear about the Art fair.

    @leelee Thanks for the suggestion


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I think some vibrant colors would be beautiful in your space..here are 2 absrtacts framed art from Greatbigcanvas.com..you take 40% off the price shown..finished size is 43"x36"

    love this with your pillows and touches of blue accents..

    finished size 43"x31"

  • PRO
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Love where you ended up putting it. Your living room seems to be asking for art though, perhaps some lamps as well?

    The Duke · More Info


    Residential spaces with BaBoo's interiors · More Info