0

Does gunnera grow fast or good from seeds?

poaky1

Its cheaper to buy seeds of "great gunnera" so are seeds a reasonable way to go, or too slow and/or difficult? I'm trying many different plants in different areas of my yard, which can get expensive, so I'm trying to get by cheap. But, if it's gonna be slow, I'll just wait until June and buy a plant.

• Mike

I'd wait and buy a plant.

Do you have a very wet place to put it?

• poaky1

Hey Mike, well, I have decided not to get the Great Gunnerra. The place I was gonna put it is wet in the dormant season, but, dry in summer. And if it does like the place it's planted, it could be a bit aggressive, thanks for the reply though. I have tried some Primrose and yellow Creeping Jenny, both moisture lovers, and I have a "Sweetfern" that likes it there, they supposedly don't like wet feet, but, when I bought it the seller said they Like wet feet, it's doing fine, so guess it can take wet feet afterall.