Software
Houzz Logo Print
nemobaby

Need some color

9 years ago
Any suggestions to how I can add some color in my bedroom?

Comments (50)

  • 9 years ago

    What's staying, what's going?


  • 9 years ago

    I think a muted blue would be pretty. It's very calming.


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I love layering neutrals and adding one soft tone in pillows or a throw blanket...here are a few of my favorite pillows...

  • 9 years ago
    Aqua throw pillows. Large art over bed and maybe taller lamps with color.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You need larger lamps for your nightstands...this would work with both color combinations..

  • 9 years ago
    That made me laugh out loud, I think it's a pillow under there lol, how tall are lamps supposed to be?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    If the duvet has matching white euro shams..you need them...add accent pillows and throw...wall art and new lamps and your room will look great!

    cant see your windows but I would add soft silk drapes...

  • 9 years ago
    Lamps can go, I just bought them today, they are 21 inches, I saw some that were also clear glass but they were 28 inch and thought they might be too tall?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    The lamp I posted is 32" tall will give great light while laying in bed...when they get tall the base needs to be substantial to give a nice visual...

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Pillow under there? Fess up!

    For bedside lamps…I can’t measure for you…but I want under the duvet person to be able to read. (when he/she wakes up…trying to be politically correct).

    This is a good example: shade is just a bit higher than the top of your headboard.

    Definitely do a black shade and have it lined. Then light goes up and down and not through the shade which will turn the shade an ugly shade of pale.

    Colbray Blackfalds · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Lamps can be between 26"-34" tall....and yes they can be taller than your headboard...:))

  • 9 years ago
    Any other suggestions of specific lamps or wall art? I really only like to get lamps at tj max or marshalls bc they are cheaper, and just having trouble finding art and lamps that tie together
  • 9 years ago

    Paint the walls some lovely color and get some throw pillows that are white and include the wall color and maybe a bit of a third accent color. You could use some art over the bed as well.

  • PRO
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Art I posted is very budget friendly:)

    Allmodern.com

    Wayfair.com is great for lamps and you can add filters on color...price and height to help shop.

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you, I do like those paintings, I shop on wayfair often and saw some similar ones I there, I'm going to look at marshalls after work too! Wow celerygirl how did you do that? Thanks that helps visualize stuff!!
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I use photoshop dear
  • 9 years ago
    Thoughts on these white ceramic lamps? I think they might look good w a nice flower painting
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    We've included here a few bedroom designs of ours that might help you with your bedroom dilemma. Take note of the artwork, paint colors, pillows, throws, rugs, and window treatments.

    Blue Bedroom · More Info

    Chelsea Loft: Bedroom · More Info

    Simply High Line: Master Bedroom · More Info

    Simply High Line: Second Bedroom · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    Which color headboard should I get??
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Really like the white ceramic lamps you posted...simple and elegant:)

    hard to tell on the headboards...but I would go with the gray..looks like the other one would be very ivory...but only from looking at the image here.

  • 9 years ago

    Please please please do NOT buy art from big box stores!


    ONLY buy art from a place where the artist's name is listed.

    Get art from places that benefit the artists themselves (so not a mass produced place like homegoods or any big store) the following sites have work from real artists but with affordable options

    try:

    etsy

    20x200

    Saatchi

    society6

    red bubble

    risdworks

    scad art sales

    eyestorm

    lumas

    tappan collective

    minted

    McGee and co

  • 9 years ago
    Keep it white and simple!
  • 9 years ago
    I think I'm going to get these lamps, and ordered new bed!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Very good start...

  • 9 years ago
    Why spend 600 dollars on an art with a name when you can benefit yourself and get the same thing for 60
  • 9 years ago
    Yeah I couldn't afford $600 piece of art! Anyone think I should do the wall behind bed in slightly darker gray? I may just wait til new bed and lamps come in then decide...
  • 9 years ago
    Here is the new bed, any ideas for accent color for wall behind bed? Or if lamps should stay?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    The bed in the first image looks so much taller? Can it be adjusted?

    keep the lamps...you could do all white walls and add all neutrals with some color in art and accessories and throw..it would look beautiful! With a white wall the neutral headboard will really look nice...suprised you didn't get the gray?

  • 9 years ago
    Yeah it does look taller, didn't notice til you just mentioned it, it can't be adjusted :(, I was so close to getting the gray but then I went with this one last minute! Thanks for the advice! Seems to almost have a pinkish tint in the pic but not in person
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    A nice lavender...

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looking at the lamps are you wanting a more modern Mid-century style? Simple clean lines?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Here are some inspiration rooms..anything grab you?

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Add a large piece of Art over bed and make it the focal point to anchor a room. A large piece of Art can really bring in a wave of deftness and add more color and life to your room. It acts as a style to your room.



    Here's some suggestion for your wall you might like......to know more about my Art work and collections please visit my shop -



    https://www.houzz.com/pro/poochoudhary/__public

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooviArtGallery



    ****CUSTOM SIZE AVAILABLE ****














  • 9 years ago
    Those are all nice, I like the romantic look and feel, I have attached a pic that is more true to color, I'm thinking grayish pillows and possibly grayish rug, I do have the option of sending the lamps back free of charge which I am considering, just not sure if they are exactly what I'm wanting, they are the perfect height though
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    If you want a more romantic feel Than send the lamps back they are very modern style...this is the direction I would go..a touch of gold or scroll whitewashed for a french romantic look...goes great with your comforter!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Great pillows on Etsy.com

    love these shams


  • 9 years ago
    I really like that shams, what do you think about any of these area rugs? Unfortunately I have a budget as far as lamps, rugs, pillows, so just have to watch what I'm spending but feel I can find something affordable and that will still work, may just have to look harder! What do you think about any of these rugs?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    What size are you looking for?

  • 9 years ago
    8x10 area rug
  • 9 years ago
    I think your right,lamps are more modern and that's not really the feel that I'm wanting, and provably why they weren't sitting right with me, so I am returning the lamps, will continue searching for new ones about that height. Also I went ahead and ordered this rug, I think the beige rug I put in here(from a diff room) is fighting against the gray wall color and cream bed, I think the new grayish labendarish rug will work much better for what I'm wanting! Thanks for all the pointers!!
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Be patient that rug is very contemporary/modern trendy I know we can do better! Plus that rug had bad reviews..only one star:( to be honest to save money that neutral shag rug you have is nice....when you start adding neutrals and gray's together with touches of Gold it will really work well...I would keep the rug you have...what is the budget for lamps?

  • 9 years ago
    Lamps would be $50 a piece at the most
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    All in sets of 2 for price shown!

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Found this neutral Linen shams on Etsy...love them this woukd also help with layering The neutrals..gray and white onto the bed..so romantic too!

  • 9 years ago
    I do like the 2nd pic of lamps...they are out of stock but wil alert me when they come in
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Out of stock with both finishes? Gold or gold leaf

  • 9 years ago
    The silver leaf
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Gold is nice too..both would work well.