Software
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_hammerberg

Floor Mount

9 years ago
Hello - I have a concrete front porch and am looking for a product that I can bolt to the floor, vs. mounting to a wall or post, I need 4 sections for the first porch; 70", 66", 20" and 72" - and two sections for the second porch 20" and 72". Thank you for your reply.
Contractor Deck Railing 8'x36" Aluminum Residential Railing, H Black · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Jeff, what installed height are u looking for?
  • 9 years ago

    I'm not sure.. is there a requirement? it's for a front porch in Denver, CO

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Jeff, you will need to know what height your municipality will require, probably a min of 36 in. After further review, I do not have something available on Houzz that would meet this type of build. All our Houzz products should be supported with posts and requires a 3.5 in. gap at the floor. Even if you went with our commercial 42 in. railing, it would give you an installed height of 38.5 in if mounted on the floor without the floor gap. Posts or walls would still be required as the railing has to have something to tie in to so it caps the ends. Hope that make sense. Steve

  • 8 years ago

    I have a similar question. Is one able to bolt the posts into the concrete? I have a concrete slab that I need the railing to go around.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Hi Meghan,

    Our post wits will bolt to the concrete, concrete hardware is included. I'm attaching a link to a set of our instructions for your review. Click Here Let me know if you have questions.

    Steve

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths