Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colinlewissmith

caesarstone 4033 Rugged Concrete?

Colin
6 years ago

Has anyone used the newly released Caesarstone 4033 Rugged Concrete?

I am dying to see pictures of some actual installations. I am thinking if using it in a white white shaker kitchen.

Comments (55)

• jbgoeller
    6 years ago

I am looking to use it on my kitchen island, let me know if you find any pictures, I did find some u tube video ads that give a better view of it, but haven't found any kitchen pictures yet

• User
    6 years ago

Hi, not sure this will be helpful, but we just had Rugged Concrete installed. Unfortunately, the picture showing the island slab shows it mid-install, not cleaned yet. The variation is more subtle than in the picture in obcindy's post, but we love them already. I can post better pictures next week.

• User
    6 years ago

I would add that our edges were machine polished and were noticeably different than the matte tops. We had the edges "de-polished" on site and are happier.

• Cindy Page
    6 years ago

Excellent note shimmerstorm! I was wondering about the edge detail and keeping with the not-so-smooth surface. Thank you!

• jbgoeller
    6 years ago

More pictures when you can please. I bought two samples. I love it in the small pices, really want to see some pictures of it installed!! thank you!!!

• mondais
    6 years ago

I'm disappointed with mine - I expected a lot more texture like all the advertising and Pinterest Pins,instead our top looks like a concrete top with some occasional oil drips. Do as Carolina suggests to inspect the slab before they cut.

• Cindy Page
    6 years ago

Thank you for posting these photos! Really appreciate being able to see real life installation rather than what appears to be "enhanced" photos from the vendor. :)

• Paula Spicer Reynolds
    6 years ago

I am trying to decide if I should use this on my reno. I have antique white shaker style cabinets (trying to modernize the kitchen).

• ebm125
    6 years ago

Making a decision today (gulp) on whether to get the rugged concrete or not. I've read some negative reviews about staining and difficult maintenance w Ceasarstone concrete colors. Can anyone who has this say if the daily maintenance on the rugged is an issue for them? Does it still look good after everyday use or is it really a constant battle to keep it looking good? Thanks!!

• nancizim
    6 years ago

I just saw a piece installed in a local kitchen showroom and although I love the look, I am also anxious to hear about maintenance and any problems from people who are using it! Thanks!

• cirom
    6 years ago

What did you decide? I'm in the same situation and don't know what to do. I want the concrete look without the maintenance so thought this would be a viable option but have also read the not so great reviews.

• ebm125
    6 years ago
    I haven't :/ Haha! Driving my builder nuts I'm sure. I've seen two slabs and one was dull and muted, but still nice if you want the concrete look and another I saw today (pic) looked as you would expect it to... AND they said they would let us pick our own slab!

However, still very concerned about maintenance and potential regret. Took a look at symphony gray (pic 2) and the slab was beautiful! Considering that as well now, but would give the home a totally different look. The concrete, though very industrial, I was thinking would fit with our slightly modern farmhouse look. The symphony gray, because it's polished and has some sparkle, seems a little more refined.

I CANNOT decide :/ Opinions appreciated:)
  • mosullivan43
    6 years ago

I’m considering rugged concrete as well but i wonder what its like after some use? Does lemon juice, oils etc stain it easily? Is it hard to maintain?

• mtsimon4
    6 years ago

I am trying to decide what color white we should paint our kitchen cabinets with the Rugged Concrete and Georigan Bluffs Caesarstone. Any suggestions?

• justwhitedesign
    6 years ago

Installed it in our kitchen about two months ago!! Love it - any stains wipe over with water or a hint of jiff! I have no regrets!

• Scott Bassett
    6 years ago
    I’ve put it in my few kitchen and am really happy with the look and texture. I find it very easy to keep clean and doesn’t show finger marks at all
  • Scott Bassett
    6 years ago
    Just two more pics
  • Cindy Page
    6 years ago

Gorgeous kitchens and use of the rugged concrete, Scott Bassett and annaelizabethhoward! Beautiful and congrats on the new kitchens. ebm125 - with your two pics, personally, I like the contrast the darker surface gives between your white cabinets and the wood floor.

• enjoythejourney
    6 years ago

I don’t have this product however, if you are considering it, you should read this discussion. It’s disturbing.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/terrible-experience-with-caesarstone-dsvw-vd~5013208?n=190

• ebm125
    6 years ago
    Thanks, obcindy! We were scared away by negative reviews and ended up selecting the Ceasarstone turbine gray. We LOVE it!
  • Cindy Page
    6 years ago

Beautiful! Due to the uncertainty surrounding the Rugged Concrete I too am looking at other options. Thank you!

• Kate Tholking
    6 years ago

Scott Basett, justwhitedesign, and shimmerstorm, how is the rugged concrete holding up? The details in the bad review have scared me, but I love the way it looks.

• User
    6 years ago

Kate, our countertop has still only had light use, but it's not so much staining that I've found to be an issue, but any amount of oil or grease, even from hands. Here are two photos I posted on another thread last week, showing part of the counter after 4-5 days of use by hubby - note the darker areas - and then after I cleaned it with Dawn dish detergent. I'm still reserving judgment, but so far the countertop is fussy but comes clean...

• Scott Bassett
    6 years ago
    Hi all, while I do get all the similar marks and oil and grease after a busy Xmas and new year period. my stonemason had told me to just wipe it down with a damp cloth and then just use methylated spirits. I just put it into a spray bottle and lightly spray and wipe off with a microfibre cloth. This works great and removes any and all stains and fats from the surface with very little effort. I wouldn’t want any other benchtop!!!
  • Kirsten Wild
    6 years ago

Helpful, thanks — still holding up? It looks great.

• justwhitedesign
    6 years ago

Still absolutely 100% happy with mine - yep you get the odd grease mark but I have had no issue removing them and with a house full of boys it is put to the test! I've just been away for three days and came home to marks - wiped and now all gone. I am wondering if these reviews are from people who are actually using it on a daily basis! It takes no more time to manage than most stone benches and I for one wouldn't want any other bench top either!

• vicric21
    5 years ago

ebm125 can you post more pictures of your house? I'm in the process of buying land and determining what the inside will be and the picture of your kitchen is my exact liking! Can you provide an update on your quartz too?

• ebm125
    5 years ago
    Thanks, Vicric! I'd be happy to! Need a little time to clean up the mess my 2 and 4 year old make first ;)
  • vicric21
    5 years ago

ebm125 - No need to clean up! I have a one year old so totally get it :) I'm also having trouble deciding on the outside style. We're definitely going with vinyl but I can't decide between cedar shake, board and batten, or traditional horizontal lap. I'm thinking a gray tone (not sure if dark or light)...so feel free to post outside pics too! I definitely love the cedar porch posts too. Here's an outside pic of the house we'll be building. Can't wait to see your pictures!

• Coral
    5 years ago

Thanks for the photos! I'm planning my second kitchen remodel in 10 years (2 different houses). We loved our shiny Caesarstone in our last house, and are considering the matte Rugged Concrete for this one. We like to do things "hands on," so I TESTED my Rugged Concrete sample. I smeared/poured/placed the following on it:

• olive oil
    • coffee and coffee grounds
    • soy sauce
    • red wine

I left it all sit for 24 hours in my kitchen. It all cleaned off easily, just the way our "shiner" Caeserstone did in our last house. I couldn't tell where the tested parts were and the untested parts were. So, this was not a full scientific test, but it's good enough for me. I'm planning to buy it!

• vicric21
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

thank you for doing this and posting it! It helps me feel better about buying this! Once you install can you repost an update on if you're still in love with it? :) (and also post a picture!)

• glashaus
    5 years ago

what finish is everyone getting this color in? Does it look bad in the polished (easier to maintain) finish?

• Laura Kochik
    5 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of a seam with the rugged concrete? We had installed a few days ago and the seams are visible yet I am not sure this can be avoided with this product.

• Mary Sienkiewicz
    5 years ago

Do you have a picture of your seam? I think we will go with rugged concrete, but would love to see what a seam looks like as I am imagining the variability in the slabs makes it quite noticeable.

• D Kim
    5 years ago
    It’s a lot bluer than I expected. I was expecting more of a grey colour. Our seam:
  • Tifftiffnc
    5 years ago

We had this installed in our bathroom and love the look and maintenance!

• PRO
    Snow Renovations, LLC
    5 years ago

Any ideas on the costs of this product?

• HU-420739850
    4 years ago

I would advise against Rugged Concrete if there are going to be any joins on your benches - not happy with mine & have had no joy in trying to get a tonal match With supplier or Ceasarstone

• thatsall
    4 years ago

I just had rugged concrete installed on the work areas of our kitchen (around range and sink) Kitchen is not finished yet but I'm not thrilled by how it looks when you put water on it to wipe down and it takes forever to dry. Any suggestions? Scott Bassett, justwhitedesign, and shimmerstorm

• User
    4 years ago

thatsall: Our counters have been in regular use for over 18 months now, and I generally feel like they've gotten easier to look after as time goes by. I usually just damp wipe and honestly don't notice the counters looking wet for too long.

Also a belated comment on the previous post with the tonal mis-match. I'd suggest this is an issue not unique to this colour and just needs a dealer/installer that takes responsibility. We had a mismatch at one seam, pointed it out, and had it replaced the next day.

• Carol C
    3 years ago

Installed Rugged Concrete on our island last year. The actual piece is lighter than the vivid marketing video which was a disappointment but acceptable, although I would have preferred the deeper richer color & yes, it does have a bluish white tint. Unfortunately, it does hold oil & grease stains which we have throughout the countertop. I'm a big cook and do a lot of food prep on my island. Can't tell from this picture, but definitely evident as we approach & sit. I drink a lot of red wine and have not had issue with spilled wine stains that get wiped up immediately. Have used soap & water, soft scrub gel with bleach & without, with no luck of ridding oil stains. Have come to accept it as added marks in a usable kitchen, but in hindsight, would have chosen another product. Our cabinet countertop is also a quartz product by Cambria in White Cliff. As its shiny vs rough, don't have any stains and cleans easily.

• PRO
    Rezide Design/Build
    3 years ago

I'm noticing that the two waterfall islands are not bookmatched or mitered as we do in our work. Is this because the tradesperson was not aware of how to do this or because the caesarstone slab didn't allow it? (We have used this product in a project and agree with others regarding the functionality and beauty. However, it was not on the island)

• logro11
    3 years ago

@Carol C - was going to pick out the Rugged concrete for our entire kitchen, large island etc. Now seeing your post. Uggh - I do a lot of cooking. Are you still having stain issues. thanks for any updates.

• kvdjas
    3 years ago

logro11–I recently had rugged concrete installed in my new construction. I have it on my kitchen island and on my outer countertops and backsplash. I haven’t had issues thus far. My countertop installer suggested spot cleaning the grease spots with 100 % acetone (nail polish remover). It has worked awesome. I had several little spots that appeared after my painter did touch ups and also after we ate some greasy chicken. But I used a little acetone and they disappeared. Hope that helps! I love my countertops. I didn’t have an issue either with the seam. I have a t shaped island.

• Ed Chapman
    2 years ago

justwhitedesign posted a photo of his rugged concrete counter 3 years ago. I understand he may not be following this thread any longer, but just in case... I noticed the groves you had made on the surface to allow for drainage to the sink. Brilliant. My question is do you know how this was done? And do the groves slope in depth towards the sink?

• Tricia Rinker
    2 years ago

I love seeing the variation. It makes it look like real concrete.

• trina_mcneillie
    last year

Got rugged concrete installed in October and I am so disappointed with it! This is my last kitchen Reno and saved for which I thought would be the best product. I am constantly trying to get marks off it with the cream product and the Caesarstone spray they suggest to use without any luck! It leaves dull marks where it has been cleaned and when the sun shines through the window it looks worse! I’m so disappointed with it and has ruined my kitchen. Think twice before purchasing this.

• Scott Bassett
    last year

Hi

I just use methylated spirits to clean my rugged concrete and it removes all water marks/wine marks and oil. Give it a go as I have had no issues and I have had it for 3 or 4 years now

• trina_mcneillie
    last year

Hi, I’ve tried that too and doesn’t work for me, but thanks for your help 👍