Software
Houzz Logo Print
eb103

Seating for Bonus Room

9 years ago
I need to put some seating in this space. Any ideas are welcome

Comments (81)

  • 9 years ago

    You could set up a beverage & snack center in the back nook with a mini fridge.

    Upper and lower cabinets with under-cabinet lighting...


    Console with stools and shelving...


    Wall sconces...


  • 9 years ago
    That's funny!
  • 9 years ago

    Okay...a little more understated? LOL

  • 9 years ago
    That might look good downstairs
  • 9 years ago

    yay katin!!!

  • 9 years ago

    Right, havingfun??? I think it could work there but you never know!

  • 9 years ago

    well if you think about it katin, we can't get eric to move a plug. does not bode well with such a large sofa and on the second floor yet. and now he is leaving the bar downstairs?

  • 9 years ago

    plus who is sitting in the L shape with 2 chairs? him alone? they get the chairs? we had them comfortable i was just trying to get him comfortable. how is he going to feel if they flop on the slightly larger couch and he gets a chair?

  • 9 years ago

    Havingfun, I think it will all work out fine. As long as OP is happy, that's all that matters.

  • 9 years ago
    I'm starting to dig that gray chaise!
  • 9 years ago

    I like the chaise as well.

  • 9 years ago
    If I can find that in dark gray, I'd totally buy it - nice place to watch the game!
  • 9 years ago

    not finding with down, but have found several in dark gray should work really welll.

  • 9 years ago
    Right guys, now the wife is out-of-the-way, I mean running errands, it's time to move the couch around.
  • 9 years ago
    Still needs work
  • 9 years ago

    why is couch at an angle, it is supposed to face tv.

  • 9 years ago
    Have you thought of a window seat
  • 9 years ago

    I would get a sectional with a left chaise and put it where you have the table with your laptop on it. You could get a chair for the third person to sit near the window. This sectional is less than 75" wide and reversible, so you could put the chaise on either side.

  • 9 years ago

    Eric, can you try the sofa parallel to the TV in front of the stair rail with enough room to walk around it on the left?

  • 9 years ago
    I like the look of that sectional
  • 9 years ago
    I'll move the sofa near the stair rail later, to see how it looks.
  • 9 years ago
    Take a look
  • 9 years ago

    Getting there. What do you think? I would consider pulling it about two feet off the wall and about a foot forward of the stair rail so it has some breathing room. That will give you room for a floor lamp or an end table and lamp for reading and so you don't have to use overhead lights. Then you can center the TV on the wall and look for something comfortable over by the window side-maybe a recliner, chair and ottoman or chaise. I would suggest a chair and ottoman over a chaise since it's a bit more flexible.

  • 9 years ago
    I moved the TV back as far as I could on the table, to try and simulate what the distance would be if it was on the wall.

    Actually it is another foot to the wall.

    Good thing about this position is, I could see having a chaise near the wall by the stair rail, should we decide to move this couch downstairs and rethink the furniture in this room.
  • 9 years ago

    Your pictures are crystal clear making it easier to envision fitting everything in the space. If you go with a sectional, does it seem like there will be enough room to angle a chair by the window?

  • 9 years ago
    I do like that sectional photo and I was actually thinking about something like that at the original location of the couch.

    There is definitely space for it.

    All photos taken on iPhone 7
  • 9 years ago

    That works. If you wall mount the TV, it will go back a few more inches. Now I think a sectional would work. I wouldn't add one that's as large as your existing sofa with a sectional added on, just something that's a few inches longer than your sofa including the sectional. You still want some breathing room from the wall. How long is your current sofa?

  • 9 years ago
    6' 11 and just under 3G' deep
  • 9 years ago
    3ft deep I mean!

    What if I didn't have that couch upstairs, do think I should have the same layout?
  • 9 years ago

    Are you talking about having the freedom to put the tv anywhere you want - or something like this? Ha!

  • 9 years ago
    Not exactly, I like the TV where it is or even in the corner on that side - a couch shaped like an arch would probably look good in this room.
  • 9 years ago

    Yes-I think that layout works for your room. Do you have a budget for a new sectional?

  • 9 years ago
    Hi Eric, will you push the tv toward the air vent wall leaving a one foot space, then stand to the right of the tv, in the corner, and snap a pic of the room from that angle?
  • 9 years ago
    And remove the pillows and throws for the pic, so we can get a better idea of the depth of the sofa. Thank you.
  • 9 years ago
    Imagine the TV near the air vent wall
  • 9 years ago
    Oh and we haven't figured out a budget for a sectional, save that we don't want a huge one.
  • 9 years ago
    I guess they aren't separate pieces? If you could lose the two outside sections, it wouldn't overwhelm the room.
  • 9 years ago
    Pick a color... red, green, blue or any color. The room is nice but adding color in art, a rug, and color in accessories will give it life.
  • 9 years ago
    A guest needs a small drawer nightstand with a lamp, a small area in the closet and a chair....a small upholstered armless chair would work.
  • 9 years ago
    They are interesting and modern, but a bathroom needs drawer storage for all the little stuff and shelf storage for towels.
  • 9 years ago

    I love those curved sofas, but I think they take up more room because of the shape (8-9 feet wide?).

  • 9 years ago
    The couch I already have is almost 7 feet wide, I think this room can accommodate an extra couple of feet.
  • 9 years ago
    Eric your sofa can go closer to that vent, just leave about a foot between. I think you would be sorry if you get a sectional. They are big bulky overpowering blobs. Keep this sofa for your family and choose a recliner or chaise for yourself.

    The room might feel unfinished to you right now because you have no art on the walls or places to set a drink or snack. Get your big pieces then work on the tables and art. Thank you for the pic. :-)
  • 9 years ago
    So imagine this is your sofa and this chaise is facing the other way so you can watch tv. Nice huh?
  • 9 years ago
    Here's a sofa with chaise, or how about use the sofa you have and just add an ottoman? Then you can add a different texture and color.
  • 9 years ago
    Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I like that chaise
  • 9 years ago

    do you hopefully mean the separate chaise? it would really give you many more options.

  • 9 years ago

    Yeah, the light blue one!

  • 9 years ago

    Eric, if you want a separate chaise, you may want to shorten up the sofa a bit so you have room. If you want a sectional with an attached chaise, you can go a bit bigger than your current sofa. Personally, if I want somewhere to hunker down and watch TV, I prefer a nice armchair with ottoman as opposed to a single arm chaise.

  • 9 years ago
    You guys have given me lots to think about - Thank you!