Software
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Small pierced cylindrical silver container: what is it?

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Picked up this interesting container at an antique mall. Dealer was using it to hold business cards vertically. I had the same thing in mind, thought it's not really relevant to my art fair booth. I might keep it to use at home, if I could only figure out what for. Toothpick holder comes to mind, though I don't use toothpicks.

Stamp shows “Denmark” and a small fish. Above the Denmark is a letter logo with what looks like a crown.

Any idea what it is for? And opinion on the markings? Thanks!

Oddly, a friend just showed me a repousse silver cigarette case he bought to sell. Also stamped Denmark and with a fish, but not the other markings.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions