janelle_q

Caesarstone Countertops Reviews - The Good and Bad?

Lauren O

I'm looking to redesign my kitchen and I'd like to go with either Silestone or Caesarstone. I've read about chipping for both stones, staining, etc. but I'm just in disbelief? Is one far more superior than the other?

• kelly t

Joseph Corlett, LLC, when you say you solve that with a dish rack, are you talking about a cover up? Does putting wet dishes on quartz or quartzite/marble hurt it? I put a towel down and put just washed dishes on it to air dry sometimes.

• kelly t

ok i am having a challenge. How did you get the people you were responding to to be highlighted in green in your responses?

IKEA Kitchen Review: 6+ years in - good & bad, plus input needed

We bought a fridge from Ikea last fall to replace an old one in an old school office. The school has a small budget and they also rent the building. Ikea was the only place that had a fridge to fit a weird measurement for a reasonable cost. So far so good. It has taken abuse from staff forgetting to clean it, kids forgetting to shut it, and the usual day-to-day rucus of use in a busy place. We bought it knowing it would likely only last a few years, but if it lasted longer, great! Either way it's okay. My husband and I (as usual, lol), loaded it up with a bit of help from the Ikea crew--we bought it from the store--but we (as usual, again), unloaded it by ourselves, and my crazy husband (as usual) took it in by himself on a hand-truck. (Someone had to hold the door open as he went through and someone else pulled from the other side. The door is super narrow.) We are always doing stuff like that. And it's really hard to get people to help at times. Funny how a lot of "muscles" leave as soon as we mention moving something... Would I buy Ikea appliances for our home? Not a chance. Would I buy their cabinets? It's model and style specific, and probably for a rental unit only. Our home? Highly unlikely. Although they have a few styles that would be great for a laundry room. We bought a tall narrow cabinet from there as it was the only one (again) that fit such a weird space. The crazy builders apparently don't think laundry rooms rate anymore. They just shoved a washer and dryer in a closet and call it a laundry "room," lol. First off, I loathe having a w and d in a closet. It is a pain for folding clothes and storing things. We improved the situation by taking out the stupid wire builder's shelf and stacking the w/d. Then we found a cabinet with a laundry sink in it and added an over sink cabinet from Ikea (that also fit our weird space). Then came the folding dryer rack that we screwed to the wall. Voila! A clever re-make of a builder's design. If we ever renovate down the road (quite possible if we finish the basement), then I'm adding a full and giant laundry/mudroom/shower/utility room/storage area. No more of this closet laundry nonsense. That, and our pantry are the two biggest flaws in the design.

Caesarstone - stains will not come out

I was in touch with Caesarstone in Israel (where originally the stonewall made). They referred me to a representative in the USA. I was told the the stone is damaged from hard water deposits and nothing can be done about it. So, the stone in my house is NOT non porous like they claim it is. Beware, do not buy it. At the time I bought the stone they gave 10 years warranty. Now they give lifetime warranty. They advertisement for their product is fraudulent. I have corian in my house, not a single stain. Never caesarstone for me again. Be careful if you decide to go for them. Calling the better business bureau to se if I can get any help.

Quartzite Kitchen Countertops: Good or Bad Idea???

Real quartzite is stronger than marble and most granites. Unfortunately, some marble is being mislabeled and sold as quartzite. (There is also one quartzite which flakes - but I don't think it is the one you have - it is one where you can see many layers - see this post https://www.houzz.com/discussions/quartzite-cracking-flaking-and-discoloration-help-dsvw-vd~4473303) Get a sample piece and give it some "kitchen abuse" - if it is real quartzite it should not etch or have the problems that marble has. http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2558824/stone-information-and-advice-and-checklists

help with quartz countertops — silestone/caesarstone/LG

Does anyone who has the LG Karis countertop have a Kohler white farmhouse sink? I want to make sure it doesn’t look yellow/cream next to the counter and white cabinets.
  • Chessie

kelly t, highlight and copy the name, and then paste it in your reply. :-)

• Jacob Lamm

Don't buy either. Stick with Granite. Ceasarstone is a bad choice. I keep getting more chips. The company does not stand behind the product. They keep sending me to the installer who sends me back to them. I can't understand why people keep buying it. I guess it looks really nice. don't get lured in like i did.

• pippabean

Jacob Lamm - Are your chips at the edges? If so, what type of edge do you have? I believe the shorter the radius of the edge, the more likely it will chip, no matter the brand of quartz.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

"Joseph Corlett, LLC, when you say you solve that with a dish rack, are you talking about a cover up?"

No, I'm talking about removing the sink and replacing it with one with a built-in drainboard.

• Jacob Lamm

My counters chip both at the edges and in the center of the counters. Not just on the squared edges.

Quartz - Stone Care, Cleaning & Repair Experts

kelly t another industry myth - if you take a blow torch to Neolith or any other porcelain product will will end up with a far bigger problem than on any Quartz Product.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

"kelly t another industry myth - if you take a blow torch to Neolith or any other porcelain product will will end up with a far bigger problem than on any Quartz Product."

QSCCRE:

Sir, you are all hat and no cattle. Porcelain is immune to a blowtorch, quartz will fail in minutes.

Joseph Corlett, LLC you really have no idea, do you on modern surfaces. If you have not experience it or have vast knowledge of the information.... I suggest you SIMPLY do not comment. Will save the embarrassment.

The photo is a porcelain (neolith to be exact) work surface that the client applied a blow torch to to glaze or alter some sugar on a baking sheet

The result a heat point causing a triangle crack.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

Woah there Cowboy. Now your talking about a fabricated product that could have had a stress riser created at fabrication that birthed the crack. Take a blowtorch to an unfabricated piece of estone and and unfabricated piece of sintered and get back to us, please. This scenario more accurately reflects your generalization.

Joseph Corlett, LLC mate I would quite while you are behind. Your comments are that way off it would not be funny. A stress crack in porcelain during installation would shatter it in that area when installed.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

QSCCRE:

Let's dissect your comment a little more closely, shall we? You never used any qualifiers. Had you said something like "We have had customers that have had sintered edge failures while using a blowtorch on their countertops.", I may have said something like, "That's interesting, please elaborate."

No, instead you use a giant blanket to label ALL sintered tops as less heat resistant than engineered stone tops. This is fantasy. I can burn an engineered stone top with PADS, let alone a blowtorch.

Here's quartz burned with a pad.

That us just very poor workmanship Nothing to do with the stone, if you where a stonemason you would know that and would never have caused that issue in the first place. My advice leave quartz to the professionals. I assume you have seen blow torch damage on Quartz a sparkler let on the surface burning will give the same temperature ranges

Joseph Corlett, LLC

QSCRE:

We finally agree, it is poor workmanship, but when did I say it was mine? I did not and it is not.

Being a stone mason has nothing whatsoever to do with quartz restoration.

The same top after I removed the pad burns:

My customers were delighted that they took your advice and left the quartz to the professional.

• Phil W
    Don’t recommend Caesarstone. Had it installed through IKEA in April 17 and it was chipped on backsplash and on unused section by Jul 17. Company says chips not covered by warranty. Now dealing with installer for repairs but based on others' reviews, expect those to be temporary.
  • Chessie

How in the heck does one chip a backsplash?

Joseph Corlett, LLC

You chip a backsplash by hiring incompetent help.

• Chessie

Well I can see that of course, but I guess I thought he was saying it was chipped in normal kitchen usage.

The chip might be where they have not left enough expansion gap and it has jammed with movement against something.

• Emma Gamble

Hi All,

From a kitchen designer's perspective I like to chuck a few facts out there and let my clients decide for themselves what benefits them best

- Caesar Stone is an engineered stone. Most man made stones come with a 10 year warranty backed by the supplier and the manufacture. Caesar stone is one of the best known brands of man made stone and have one of the best colour selections to choose from. Caesar Stone should not discolour, stain, chip or crack and will be covered under their warranty within reason (for example, if you leave red wine on the bench over night could possibly stain the surface or sit a hot pot directly from the stone onto the surface can cause the stone to crack suddenly). You can download and read about Caesar stone's warranty here

- Silestone is again, another engineered stone with a colour range that varies depending on the country you are in. In my personal opinion I do prefer Caesar stone's colour range but that's a decision obviously made by the client! However, the key thing about Silestone is that it does offer a whooping 25 year warranty! This is massive and well worth it considering a client pays so much for their stone top they would expect it to be built to last and this way you avoid needing to replace it sooner. You can download the warranty brochure here.

I haven't had the time to read through the entire string of comments here but I think the important thing to remember here is that if you have had a bad experience with either stone is that it is a man made product and due to human error sometimes things do go wrong. I have, on a very odd occasion contacted suppliers to have their reps sent to site to evaluate the bench top defects and have it replaced. You need to keep in mind that there is a reason that these guys are known around the world and it's because of their superior product and service :)

I hope this is helpful to you!

Emma

• Chessie

Ummm...I think everyone on this forum knows all about quartz now. Plenty of experience here. To say that it will it not chip is nonsense - I don’t care WHAT the brand is.

Emma Gamble If you think especially Caesarstone will cover "discolour, stain, chip or crack and will be covered under their warranty within reason (for example, if you leave red wine on the bench over night could possibly stain the surface or sit a hot pot directly from the stone onto the surface can cause the stone to crack suddenly). "

Then you are sadly mistaken and again their marketing machine has done its job. As for Caesarstone has the best stone and range of colour, We would suggest the above applies again....

FYI - if you actually read the the NEW ZEALAND warranty which Laminex is the distributor of caesarstone in NZ. you will see

PS- your link is not to the actual warranty.... it is to their site.

Here is the actual warranty, which by the way is exactly the same as Australia as the product is supplied out of Caesarstone AU and the warranty claims are handled out of Australia as well.

http://www.caesarstone.com.au/Portals/0/Documents/2015%20Caesarstone%20Warranty%20Guide.pdf

You will actually note the first point on exclusions negate all your claims... nothing you have listed is covered by the warranty!

As for Caesarstone superior service.... this is a recent comment from a client just about cleaning and caring for Caesarstone.... So if this is their attitude to care what do you think it will be about any warranty claim...... All we will say what caesarstone do well and extremely well is targeting Designers, Architects etc and brainwashing them.

If Caesarstone own branded cleaning products which are all Caustic with a pH between 9 for the spray cleaner and 11.5 for the cream cleaner which are known to damage any stone let alone quartz.... Plus the fact this range is outside the range they specific in the USA and Canada... but it is the same quartz made by the same company....... What hope do you think they actually know what they are talking about with anything else......That is why we get clients contacting us about simple things on how to stop their product from fingerprinting.

All other major brand do not have have the issues around this, hence they have a superior product.

Thankfully the other major brands like silestone, technistone, quantum quartz, smartstone do not suffer from the extremely poor service or qa issues or need to put a list of out on their warranty as the products are of better quality.

• eric lim

sharing this to everyone on my encounter using ceaserstone 2141 white with two color tone due to two difference slab used. beware their product claim and warranty coverage and putting the blame on installer for not using same slab. here is the reply I got from them

Caesarstone slabs are manufactured from natural
    materials and naturally occurring variations in appearance in the long term
    caused by artificial or natural light are not covered by the Caesarstone
    warranty.

In order to prevent shade variations, we instruct the fabricator to follow the Caesarstone
    installation instructions, that when installing 2 or more slabs they must make
    sure to use slabs from the same batch (please see instructions to fabricators
    below). Regarding your case, the fabricator should have installed the
    countertops from slabs in the same batch. Therefore I am sorry to tell you that
    the Caesarstone warranty does not cover this case.

anyone here can advise what should I do???

• Chessie

Contact your fabricator.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

eric: Pictures, please.

• Editha Canlas

I just had our ceasarstone quartz installed. There is a big stain on the part by the sink. My husband and I realized that it's from the glue the installers used. I called them and the installer company rep told me they're going to fix it. I will keep you posted.

Before it was installed, it took us time to decide what design or pattern to purchase. We decided to order CS Ginger based on their 4" x 4" sample. I ordered it from one of the Big Box stores. The sales person never advised me to look for the big slab somewhere else (as they don't have it in the store). Huge mistake!!!! When the countertop arrived, I was quite disappointed on how it looks. It has blue blotches. Here are the photos:

There's a dime on one of the photos to show the size of one of the blue blotches. I call them blotches, not specks.

Before deciding on what to buy, do your research.

• Chessie

I would never EVER order a many-thousands-dollars countertop from a 4” sample. Come on. Surely this is common sense?

I had a terrible experience with Ceaserstone counter and with the costumer service. I tried washing my counters with all the “recommended” cleaning products and my counter continues to look unfresh and dirty, with swirls of water. To fix the issue the company sends out a man with Windex, paper towels and chemicals in a metal container you would never use in the kitchen! Than they proceed to clean the counter in about 3 steps and rub it down until it looks okay with paper towels - it takes 20 minutes at a minimum. They make you feel bad in the process because how could I have dirty counters. All the work lasts exactly 1 second until something is placed on a counter, at which point you can’t spot clean but have to clean all of it! Dark colors are blamed as hard to clean, except I have a dark natural counter in my bathroom and it never looks nasty like my kitchen Ceaserstone countertop. Unbelievably terrible product and only lies from costumer service.

• Anna Stem

We had Caesarstone counters installed in the summer of 2017; color is Concrete 2003. Within a few months we started to notice small chips in the surface that looked like white dots. There are now over a dozen small chips in the countertop surface all over the kitchen. We are not unusually hard on our counters; in fact I would say we are more careful than many folks. The counters seem to be chipping at random and at every chip the white interior material shows. I contacted customer service and was told surface chips are not covered by the warranty. I wish wish we had never purchased Caesarstone! I do NOT recommend them.

• C MacK

Let the buyer beware!!!!

We spent nearly $15000 on Caesarstone for our kitchen, laundry room and granny flat. We have a 4m x 1.2m Caesarstone kitchen island bench made of 2 slabs. It was installed in late 2015.

We don't have kids (counter gets gentle use), rarely drink red wine (stains), always use wooden chopping boards if we are placing something hot on the island and we use the caesarstone cleaning product as advised. The island usually gets 1-2 hours of indirect sunlight per day (seasonal).

In the past 6 months 1 of those pieces has started to change colour (see photos). I contacted caesarstone with an email containing pictures and all the other relevant details. Then I waited and waited....and waited. It took them 10 WEEKS for someone to finally respond to me. It was another 2 weeks before someone came to the house to inspect the island.

The end result is that Caesarstone Australia will not do anything about it. WHY? Simply put this product does not come with a warranty. If you are like me you probably just skim over the details of a warranty but don't really read them. I won't go over every point but have a look...

https://www.caesarstone.com.au/Portals/0/Documents/CaesarStone%20Australia%20Warranty%20Brochure.pdf

Point 3(i) - If anyone other than Caesarstone instals the product the warranty is void. So if you bought it through a kitchen or bathroom shop and they installed it...warranty void. However Point 3(xvi) says the warranty is void if not installed by a qualified licensed stonemason. This contradicts the first point!

Point 3(ii) - If you have a shop or stonemason cut the slab to size and install it for you...warranty void. Also see Point 3(ix)

Point 3(iii) - Warranty void if slab is exposed to 'ultraviolet radiation'. What is ultraviolet radiation? It is light. In emails with Caesarstone this includes sunlight, LED light, fluorescent light. So if your slab starts to change colour they can blame it on light regardless of the source. Your warranty is void due to light, natural or artificial!! What a joke! You would think that they would put some sort of UV protectant in the mix!

Point 3(ix) - Warranty is void if you use paint removers or strippers, which seems pretty common sense. However it is also void if you use any cleaners that 'have high pH cleaners’ examples of which contain sodium salt, soaps and surfactants". That is a quote from an email from the warranty department. So basically anything that contains soap or a foaming agent (surfactants) voids your warranty. Pretty much every cleaning product on the market. Except of course their cleaning product ($30+ per litre). However there is no point using their expensive product because your warranty is already void before it is even installed in your home!

I haven't touched on cracks or chipping because they have not affected me.

It looked awesome when we first installed it but knowing what I know now I would probably put in real stone. The product is below par, the after sales service is disgraceful and the warranty is non existent! I would avoid this company and their products at all costs.

• eric lim

Hi Marck, i am from singapore. faced the same color issue as your case for my kitchen island top. casesarstone singapore offer material replacement ONLY if the 2 plates are with same production lot number which is at underside of the plate but the cost to dismantle and replace will be at your own.

If they are not from the same production lot mean you are wasting your time and money trying to prove is their problem.

I total agree with you to use real stone than such "expensive product" and lousy customer service.

i would recommend any buyer not to consider this brand at all.

• C MacK

Hi Eric,

My slabs are from the same batch and have matching numbers. I just read the warranty conditions for the USA and they are totally different to Australia. I would guess that Singapore has different conditions as well.

Very frustrating.

• artemis_ma

I have Silestone and Viatera here. Neither have chipped yet.

You may want to watch the type of edging you use. Mine is full bullnose which is going to be pretty safe as its rounded. (I'd asked for half bullnose but in the "telephone" game between me, the GC and the fabricator...)

• Chessie

That's awful. My quartz is LG, I don't have any seams and my island is from the same slab - so I do not expect any similar issues.

These warranties they have all now put in place are "CYA" - so that they don't have to cover a damn thing. It stinks.

• emeraldsky990

This thread is really steering me away from their product and will have to think gravely upon it from reading testamonials here.

I am in a unique situation where I have access to this product on the secondary market for for 2 separate slabs 1 measures 130 in x 26in and another 30x36 in both for total cost of $120 usd I will be cutting/installing myself. Cost is the only thing gravitating me towards it.

@Mack I believe they are the exact same as yours if you would be so kind as to compare the numbers and see if they match, I would very much appreciate it, or if anyone else can tell me more about it, in terms of quality amongst their products is this low, mid, high grade lol don’t think the las applies according to anyone in this thread:(

They are in great shape and will be installed in area without sun though it’s quite pathetic they should discolor to begin with! I too would be livid with their cs.

It seems the general consensus is to steer clear but what Inreally want is more information

regarding this stock in particular if anyone can help with this, would be much obliged.

C MacK I assume you have talked to Nigel. Do you live within 5km of the ocean by any chance?

The yellowing or discoloration is not a product fault, but generally associated with the cleaning products and TDS in the air. Both will turn any of the e-stone, man-made stone or quartz yellow. If not correctly cleaned and neutralised

I do not mean by vinegar and bicarb as both of these products will add to the issues.

C MacK last time I checked Caesarstone Spray cleaner has a pH of 10-11 which is in the same range as drain cleaner. Plus contains a surfactant called - PROPYLENE GLYCOL MONOBUTYL ETHER or better known as 2-Butoxyethanol - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2-Butoxyethanol

Hence the products that Caesarstone are recommending worldwide are causing most the issues as every country they recommend something different

. In the USA its Bleach which is also a void on the warranties world wide.

These issues are not isolated to Caesarstone. It just happens to be the most recognised in Australia and New Zealand.

All the yellowing or discoloration issues can be resolved by only using two products for cleaning.

1) Methylated Spirits and water at 70%-30%

2) Stone Power Cleaner - https://stonebenchtopcleaner.com.au/caesarstone-cleaner-bunnings.html

If these are used and daily the yellowing will not occur.

3) The discoloration can be reversed with Quartz Refresh - https://stonebenchtopcleaner.com.au/quartz-refresh.html

Please note: it will come back in 4-6 years if you keep using the incorrect cleaning products.

Here are some of photos from Caesarstone's own independent testing of the Quartz Refresh.

Discoloration prior to treatment.

• bethgellner

I was GOING to buy Caesarstone, but am now purchasing something else, and here's why. My fabricator started contacting CS in April, 2019 to order my counter. She tried phone calls to her rep, only to find out after several messages that her rep had changed. She phoned her new rep, left multiple messages and e-mails, and was only contacted after she phoned head office. All this took until late July. She was finally promised delivery for last Friday (August 8). My stone has not come in and she still can’t talk to anybody. They have taken my fabricator's payment, and have neither delivered the stone nor answered her phone calls. I also have placed two phone calls and have not been contacted, despite the fact that they promise to return any messages within an hour. I know that my fabricator is not the problem, as she has shown me the many e-mails she has sent and I have been present during some of her atttempts to contact them by phone. I also talked to another fabricator in my area about them, and she has the same difficulty with communication. If you want a hassle-free new counter experience, do not choose Caesarstone. Maybe they have better customer relations outside Southern Ontario.

• lynda8000

My husband and I purchased Caesarstone countertops through IKEA as part of their kitchen program. We thought it would be convenient, liked the colors and had heard about how resilient the materials are (after years of having to seal granite, that sounded good). I won't even get into the unreal incompetence of IKEA in getting our kitchen pieces to us - that's another post - but after just over a year of having our new kitchen completed, a 1 inch chunk popped off the edge of the island while I was wiping it down with a sponge. We don't have kids, only use water to clean the surfaces, use cutting boards and we don't even use trivets for hot pans, we keep those on the stovetop. The piece that came off is one whole piece, it's not like we smashed something into it and it crumbled. Caesarstone US advertises a "Lifetime Warranty" and IKEA advertises a "25 Year Warranty". Now IKEA, Caesarstone, the installer and Grand Stone LLC, the fabricator, are all giving us the runaround and saying someone will get back to us. The installer said they could "glue it back on, but don't expect it to last". Overall, there are blemishes here and there (little black specs on a white countertop, blobs you can see in different light that were probably caused by the installer's glue), but I've overlooked those because I felt like I was being too much of a perfectionist. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I'd say run from Caesarstone. It's not as advertised, the customer service is terrible and the so-called "Lifetime Warranty" is a huge lie. See the image I posted from the Ikea catalog (Caesarstone is called Kasker Quartz). Based on all of the comments here, the checked sales points

are not accurate at all. It's bordering criminal.

• Chessie

lynda8000 - What the hell? I have never heard of a "chunk" just popping off, out of the blue? Can you post a picture?

• lynda8000

Hi Chessie - Yes, I am baffled by it too. I was wiping the counter with a damp sponge (we never use chemicals on it) and noticed a rough feel at the edge. Upon closer inspection, I saw the crack around the area. My husband walked over and poked at it, and the piece popped off. CS said in an email that pieces don't come off without hitting it with something of equal hardness. I say they do and it wasn't hit, besides that, if we had smashed something down on it, the pieces would more than likely be crumbled, not a solid chunk. It makes me pretty insecure about my entire kitchen and also wondering what the heck the "Caesarstone Lifetime Warranty" even covers.

• Chessie

Thanks for the pic - that is much smaller than I was thinking. - thank goodness. I would have to agree that this was caused by a direct, hard hit. And it would not have crumbled...remember that there is resin in the quartz. My guess would be that prior to your noticing it, that something hard smacked that edge and cracked the piece, but it remained in place until you jiggled it. I had a small cut crystal glass fall out of my cabinet straight onto the counter, and I was shocked, but happy, that the glass just bounced off. I noticed the next day that there was a tiny chip out of the counter - not the edge -but the middle of the counter. It was so small that most would not have even noticed, but I did.

I found the chip piece but it was so small I just tossed it. It was suggested that I fill the tiny area with super glue, and I did. It's nearly undetectable. I have had no other issues, anywhere on my counters.

Your edges may continue to be an issue with chipping so you will have to exercise some care, I know that is not what you want to hear. I got bookend edges as I wanted to lessen the sharpness - due to the issue of chipping. Sorry you have experienced this. I would bet though, that you could superglue that chip back in, easily, and you wouldn't be able to tell. Again - very sorry that happened. :-(

lynda8000 it has been impacted, the only way it will chip. The impact is from the front edge by the way it has chipped. Usually occurs around cutlery drawers and dishwashers from impacts with knives and pots etc.

Joseph Corlett, LLC

lynda8000:

It could have been struck at fabrication or installation, but something hit that edge. Save the piece and keep contamination away until it's repaired, please.

• jennylou44

Oh my goodness. So, we, too, just had Ceasarstone installed in September 2019. Within one month we had a SIGNIFICANT chip fall off the edge of the countertop, ALSO WITH NO BLOW TO THE SURFACE. I mean, if there was any kind of force, it was *nothing* significant and it happened completely without our noticing. Certainly was not like I dropped cast iron. We literally woke up one morning and noticed it and were like WTF? We also dropped a knife (regular kitchen knife, nothing crazy like a meat cleaver) and it stuck into the surface like it was made of plywood (in a different location). Also - so many stains that I keep using baking soda on to little avail. It is now January 2020, 3 months after install and our kitchen counters look 30 years old. I have taken the issue to our fabricators who have also said they could repair (for $300) but it will likely not last...and I went to Ceasarstone directly and they are denying warranty coverage. It is just my husband and I in the home, there is no one else here doing dishes or whatever, no one is smearing turmeric paste or leaving ketchup and mustard lying around for days or dropping hammers...we are SO frustrated.

• lynda8000

Jennylou, that totally sucks! I'm so sorry the same thing has happened to you. I was starting to feel like a crazy person, though, and your story makes me realize it's not just us. I live in terror that more bad things will happen to our large investment. We got Ikea to pay for replacing the island, but let me tell you, Caesarstone did NOT want to do it (even with Ikea footing the bill) and it took 3 months of back and forth and them accusing us of mishandling the product, then not getting back to Ikea, etc. Thankfully, my husband would not let up and the Ikea rep was wonderful. Best of luck to you!

Joseph Corlett, LLC

You could have that sharp edge re-profiled to more rounded on site. That would eliminate the chip and make additional chipping less likely. I wouldn't do it for less than a thousand dollars, but my rates are kinda high.

Are you sure that knife mark is in engineered stone? It looks like painted MDF.

• Chessie

That knife mark is not quartz!! That is WOOD. Maybe you paid for something you didn't get. Yikes.