Software
Houzz Logo Print
meisoe

3 bathrooms - how many floor styles?

9 years ago
We're going to completely remodel and expand our current house, adding a new master suite and guest bathroom, in addition to creating an office and great room. So we will need all new floors throughout the house. Kitchen, living, dining and bedrooms will all likely be wood floor. But we have 3 bathrooms to design as well. Is it OK these days to use different floor tiles in each bathroom or should I use just one type in all 3?

I really love the look of the concrete tiles and want to use those in one bathroom, but if using that in one, wood like tile in another and who knows what in the 3rd is too much, then I'll reevaluate.

I think everyone has walked through houses that have too many floor types, but usually it seems like it's something in the entry, different in bedrooms, more types in living and kitchen, etc.

Am I just overthinking this? Some of my favorite inspiration pictures are below. Not settled on anything at this point.

Comments (10)