Software
Houzz Logo Print
frederick_townes

How can I remove the base, so I can put the sleeve on the base?

9 years ago
My shipment came without the hardware, the manufacturer shipped them, but I'd already attached the base and now I can't remove the pole from the base. I don't want to break anything. What's the trick to separate them?
Flash Furniture Contemporary Barstool, White, CH-112080-WH-GG · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hello,

    I will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. You need to remove the cylinder from the base. #1-Remove the mechanism from the bottom of the seat. #2-Hit the bottom of he cylinder using the side of a hammer or a rubber mallet. #3-Depending on the mechanism, you may have to remove plastic shield,. #4-Locate top of cylinder. Use your largest screwdriver and hit the screwdriver with a hammer. I could not attach the pictures of the removal process to this message. You can also find very helpful videos on You Tube regarding this process.

    Thank you

    Cynthia R

    Frederick Townes thanked Flash Furniture