Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dallasartssalon

Combo Oven Bosch vs Kitchenaid Flush or Not? Help!

Need to make a quick decision between these 2 models so cabinetry can be ordered.

Bosch

Pro - handles match dishwasher & are close to LG refrigerator handle. Microwave is speed as well as convention & slightly higher power. Have had Bosch oven sin past and have been happy with them.

Con - height is about 49" so will leave less space for drawer below & cabinet above & concerns about how high off the floor we place this unit so we can see the microwave control & open the door but not have to bend too low to access lowest rack in oven. I am 5'5" & DH is 5"10,

Kitchenaid

Pro - height is only 42" so we gain 7" to make drawer below align with drawers that will be to the left and a taller more usable cabinet above when I can reach into the first shelf.

Con - different handles than refrigerator & dishwasher & I have read some comments that lower oven takes long to heat. Upper is microwave & convention only. No speed option.

Flush Install or Not on either:

I saw the KA in appliance store & it was not a flush install and all the edges seemed very pointy & sharp.

The Bosch says it is designed to be installed flush.

The Kitchenaid to be installed flush will need approx 1" deeper cabinet than the Bosch.

Both will stick out slightly more than the 24" deep new countertops.

Will also be buying induction cooktop & hood from Bosch or KA.

Not big difference in $.

Any opinions on this.

Thanks.

Pick the Bosch & install flush
Pick the Bosch & do not install flush
Pick the Kitchenaid & install flush
Pick the Kitchenaid & do not install flush

Comments (10)

• cpartist
    6 years ago

First I wouldn't buy a combo oven/MW. If one breaks, you're out of luck with both. Better to get both separate and then put one above the other.

Secondly, I wouldn't get KA at all. I had Bosch in my last kitchen and will be putting Bosch in my new kitchen.

I'm putting in a Bosch 500 oven (had the 800 in my condo but I do most cooking on the cooktop so don't need a fancy oven), the Bosch 800 induction cooktop and a Bosch Integrated FD fridge/freezer

Dallas Arts Salon thanked cpartist
  • zmith
    6 years ago

I agree with Cpartist. I wouldn't do a combo unit unless you have electrical load restrictions (40A for combo vs. 30A + 20A for separate units). Also, the speed oven in the combo unit is rated at 950 W. From reading the specs it seems to be a glorified countertop microwave, and not a real speed oven. If you intend to use it mainly as a microwave, consider going with a single oven and a countertop microwave with a trim kit. I can't speak from experience, but I have been considering oven options off and on for about 11 months now. I would choose Bosch over KA, although the Bosch oven doesn't have that beautiful blue interior of the KA.

Dallas Arts Salon thanked zmith
  • Dallas Arts Salon
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thank you both but we are going with Bosch combo speed oven. We have had Bosch ovens and dishwashers in 4 previous homes (not this one) and knock on wood had very few issues. While we might be inconvenienced should we need service, we decided that for a few reasons the combo works best for our needs. This is replacing a 24" ancient Magic Chef and going on a short wall with a 30" cooktop so we are trying to streamline our look, not have to spend $ on having another outlet put in versus single hardwire that exists, an extra platform built into cabinet and the MW is 1,000w, speed oven & convection & more than meets our needs. I spoke to a few reputable dealers who would be happy to sell the combo or 2 units and none of them reported hearing of anymore issues with the combo unit than single oven & MW.

• Rachel Cline
    6 years ago

Hi there, I see you haven't had your Bosch appliances for long but we too are deciding between KA and Bosch combo, how do you like yours so far?

• Dallas Arts Salon
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Rachel - my new Bosch appliances are in my living room waiting for our remodel to start in a couple of weeks.

I have had Bosch ovens and cooktops in the past and never had any issues.

I have had a Bosch DW of one model or another for years and love them.

We got the Bosch at a great price locally and since we bought 3 qualifying items will be getting a 10% rebate.

While I have always loved the blue interior of the KA, I decided to stay with Bosch.

Can update you after first of the year when we have a newly remodeled kitchen & appliances have been installed.

Thanks.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago

Even the good appliance store my clients shop at tell them to never buy a MW wall oven in one piece so do what youwant but then don’t ask for advice. Honestly when did matching appliance handleshave anything to do with good kitchen desig\n

• Rachel Cline
    6 years ago

Dallas thanks for the input, please let me know once you have the piece up and installed.

• Dallas Arts Salon
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Love how our Bosch appliances look installed. Just wrapping up the remodel so haven’t used them yet but the slim profile in our small galley kitchen looks awesome. I am glad I went with the Bosch vs KA so All handles match. Very excited to see all this come to fruition. This is combo oven, induction cooktop and hood. ❤️❤️❤️
  • alissa ruhl
    4 years ago

I'm trying to decide between KA and Bosch as well. How have you liked your Bosch combo wall unit?