Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Finished! Minimalist white master bath + walnut

Pipdog
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I posted my kitchen earlier this week and thought I'd share my master bath. This was an addition to our home as our previous master bath was tiny.

Here's the before:

and the after:

still need artwork over the tub:

dressing area/makeup vanity in closet (just off bath):

The details:

Flooring: Imola Micron 4x4 in white

Shower feature wall and tub wall: Neolith Calacatta

Shower inside: Caesarstone Pure White

Faucets/Fixtures: Graff

Cabinets: Walnut veneer, custom

Pulls: Mockett edge pulls

Med Cabs: Kohler

Tub: Duravit Happy D

Toilet: Toto

Shower Drain: California Faucets

Thanks for looking!

Comments (31)

• badgergal
    6 years ago

Spectacular! I am very jealous.

Pipdog thanked badgergal
  • ck_squared
    6 years ago

OMG! That is gorgeous! We put walnut cabinets in our MB remodel. I sure wish we wouldn't have put a stain on it. Even though ours is a light stain, I just love the grain that is showing in your vanities! And what an awesome shower! You must have quite the privacy back there. Beautiful views, too!

Pipdog thanked ck_squared
  • cpartist
    6 years ago

OK, you just proved you are a design star! Fabulous

Pipdog thanked cpartist
  • rebunky
    6 years ago

Stunning! I love the shower with a view. Your cabinet maker did an awesome job on the walnut veneer on the drawers. Lines up perfectly. Again you nailed the calm and serene design. I want your tub too. Heck I want it all!

Pipdog thanked rebunky
  • beaniebakes
    6 years ago

Wow. Absolutely stunning. Love that shower, the vanity, the tub... everything about it. Congratulations.

Pipdog thanked beaniebakes
  • enduring
    6 years ago

Perfect! What a wonderful space. The view is beautifully captured. Many happy years in your new bathroom!

Pipdog thanked enduring
  • michoumonster
    6 years ago

pipdog, wow, first the kitchen, and now this! i am soooo jealous of you!! hope you enjoy it!! i will be living vicariously through you!!

Pipdog thanked michoumonster
  • Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    6 years ago

Gorgeous!

Pipdog thanked Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
  • cat_mom
    6 years ago

Hubba Hubba!

Pipdog thanked cat_mom
  • Nancy in Mich
    6 years ago

I don't know how you tolerated it during the planning stages, knowing that that view was waiting, just on the other side of the walls. Just WOW for Mother Nature, and another wow for you. You chose your materials so well, and arranged the room beautifully.

Pipdog thanked Nancy in Mich
  • yeh_yeh
    6 years ago

Oh wow, gorgeous!! Do you mind telling us what did you use for the shower floor? And a close up picture of the shower niche? Is the niche also Caesarstone Pure White? I always want a flat panel for shower so I don't have to clean grout and yours is perfect! I just don't know how do they do the niche with Caesarstone. I currently have Pure White for my kitchen counter.

Pipdog thanked yeh_yeh
  • PRO
    Passionate Palette Staging & Design
    6 years ago

The transformation is unreal! You did such a good job with the design. I love love this bathroom!!

Pipdog thanked Passionate Palette Staging & Design
  • caligirl5
    6 years ago

Lovely!

Pipdog thanked caligirl5
  • chispa
    6 years ago

You've done a great job with this one too!

I don't think I could use a bathroom this open though ... between the weekly pool guy, and landscapers and the quarterly pest control guy ...

We did rent a very modern/open townhouse on the beach in Santa Monica where the master bath faced the busy walk/bike path, but they has used the windows with the electric switch that made the glass opaque and we were up on the third floor!

Pipdog thanked chispa
  • sochi
    6 years ago

Absolutely stunning, amazing job Pipdog.

Pipdog thanked sochi
  • Pipdog
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you all so much! This bathroom went through so many iterations and I was concerned about having the shower facing the views. We went back and forth about putting a glass box shower facing the tub vs. facing the outside. I am still getting used to showering in there and am exploring films on the window so you can't see in. I have taken quite a few showers in our guest bath, which feels more private, as we still have construction going on in our backyard.

yeh_yeh, it is Pure White Caesarstone. The floors in the shower are the same as the floors in the bath -- Imola Micron. They are 4x4 foot tiles that we had them cut into smaller shapes for the shower. Here's the niche -- we told our our fabricator we wanted something very simple and minimalist and this is what he came up with:

And here are the other baths in the house:

Guest bath

• sunfeather
    6 years ago

Such a creative design! I'm curious about how you laid the 4x4 tile on the floor?

Pipdog thanked sunfeather
  • yeh_yeh
    6 years ago

Thanks for the info!! Love your shower so much, looks like your contractor and fabricator did a great job! I notice you are in CA, I am in the Bay Area, are you? Wondering if you would recommend your contractor and fabricator if you are in the Bay Area as well?

Pipdog thanked yeh_yeh
  • just_janni
    6 years ago

Absolutely stunning - love the large format tile and the Happy D tub!

Pipdog thanked just_janni
  • yeh_yeh
    6 years ago

Hi pipdog, not sure if you see my previous comment but I would love to know if you are happy with your contractor and if you can share their contact info. Thanks!

Pipdog thanked yeh_yeh
  • tartanmeup
    6 years ago

What showstoppers! Love your style. The guest bath shower wall is sublime.

Pipdog thanked tartanmeup
  • S G
    5 years ago

Hi pipdog - looks great! Curious how the Graff fixtures are working for you. We're thinking of Graff Phase faucets and possibly their shower system (rain head and contemporary hand-held). Any advice? (otherwise, we're also considering the more tried/true Hansgrohe route)

Pipdog thanked S G
  • PRO
    Innovate Building Solutions
    5 years ago

Beautiful clean look - well done!

Pipdog thanked Innovate Building Solutions
  • srri
    5 years ago

These are exquisite rooms Pipdog! Love, love them!

Did you use the same silk finish in the masterbath for the Neolith?

What are materials that you used in your secondary bathroom? I think It would be perfect for my daughter who is asking for a white bathroom. That pattern gives it a lot of interest yet so refined. Would love to have more info for this room.

Thank you Pipdog!

Pipdog thanked srri
  • Pipdog
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

sorry, just seeing all these comments now! thank you for all the kind words!

yehyeh, not sure if you found a contractor, but we are in Southern California.

ssri, we used Caesarstone Pure White on one wall of the shower and the other wall has a tile from Island Stone.

SG, we're very happy with the Graff. Except our plumber installed two of our shower handles upside down -- they are Euro and he installed the guts the wrong way b/c he didn't read the instructions before installation. But otherwise, they function great and we like the look.

thanks sunfeather! We used a stacked pattern. It took 3 men to handle each piece of tile. It was definitely a process my tile installer did not enjoy. ;)

• fancyxx
    5 years ago
    I love your bathroom!! Where did you purchase your vanity??
    Pipdog thanked fancyxx
  • Pipdog
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks, fancyxx. It's a custom vanity.

• scottie mom
    5 years ago

Stunning design and execution! Really nice combination of materials, and the way you've taken advantage of that view is brilliant. I hope you get to shower there in privacy soon ;-)

And having recently done a custom walnut vanity myself, I've been thinking a lot about how to work with the figuring of the wood. I see so many bad examples, but your cabinetmaker did an exquisite job! Love the little Poulsen sconces too. So perfect. Enjoy it!!

• naopossum
    5 years ago

Your bathroom is perfect! :)

I was wondering is this Imola Micron 2.0. collection in white, or some older Micron collection?

Because I've seen those white Micron 2.0. in person and they seem to be lighter and more beige-yellow looking then your pictures so I wasn't sure. And your colour looks more like light grey (GH). But maybe the difference is in lighting.

• Mittens Cat
    4 years ago

Hey Pipdog, truly awesome remodel! By the looks of it, we are in the same neighborhood (though we have no view to speak of, alas). Would love to get your recommendations for whichever local contractors you were happy with, but I don't know how we could do that without revealing personal info. Maybe you could just send me a telepathic message, ha ha. :) Cheers and congrats on the beautiful results!