Software
Houzz Logo Print
gmete

Best gas ranges

8 years ago

Looking for the best gas ranges

Comments (11)

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Google.

    If you want answers here, then you need to provide at least some idea of budget, what type of cooking, and size.

  • 8 years ago

    And check out the Appliances forum.

  • 8 years ago

    Molteni. But not everyone wants to spend 70K on a range. Some don’t want to spend 7K. Or $700.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Most of us can’t afford the Lacanche. Thankfully you don’t have to buy a range that costs tens of thousands of dollars in order to get great performance. As others have mentioned we need a budget to really help you. The range I chose for my beach cottage cost about 1K range. It was a 30” KitchenAid Pro Line Stainless Steel slide-in gas range. I loved it.

  • 8 years ago
    My husband and i are looking for a 30 inch gas slide in for a remodeled kitchen. We looked at everything from high-end to big box stores. I do a lot of cooking and want a simple reliable range, the less electronics the better. . I’m willing to spend about 3500 however I have not found anything either at the high or low end with good customer service and/or reliability. Almost bought Bluestar, Jennair pro and Samsung duo flex. Anyone with experience have feedback?
  • 8 years ago

    Does that $3500 include your ventilation and make up air budget? Or is that another $3500 line item in your budget?

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Ellen, have you considered looking for a vintage Chambers range? They show up on Craigslist occasionally. You can’t get less electronic than a vintage range with no electronics. I have cooked on one, and were vintage a design option, I’d buy one in a heartbeat. That said, I think the Bluestar and Capitol Culinarian were on my wishlist when I bought the KA. It was the practical choice and I’ve never regretted it.

  • 8 years ago

    By slidein do you mean freestanding, or do you mean the kind that mesh with the countertop (maybe new ones don't--they used to overlap so you didn't have the gap) and have unfinished sides? There aren't many of the latter.

    You can get a range without electronics if you look at all gas models, either the low end or more expensive "pro style" ones. I have an American Range Performer which has no circuit boards to fry. There might be some electronics to light it but you can use a match in a power outage. (Example only. Don't get one--the company is terrible.)

  • 8 years ago
    Sophie the 3500 is just for the stove but I haven’t found anything reliable for that price. Also looked at low end but didn’t find anything there either really, too many electronics.
    Eam44, I would love a vintage stove but I already cook on one with wood.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Do post this on the Appliance forum. Those folks know their appliances!