Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
betsyparker

Cabinet hardware help

betsyparker
6 years ago
Yes, variations of this question have been asked hundreds of times... our basement bar/kitchen area has white shaker cabinets, will have gray soapstone countertops. Stainless fridge and pendant lights are glass with graphite and antique brass. I fell in love with the Brizo Litze bar faucet in Luxe Gold online, and in person it’s even more beautiful. But looking for suggestions on cabinet hardware. I ordered some antique brass and satin brass samples from Rejuvenation, which were gorgeous, but both too gold/yellow compared with faucet. Do the knobs/pulls/bars need to match the faucet? Or could I go with polished nickel instead? Or something else?? Thanks!!

Comments (17)

• frenchtarragon
    6 years ago

Nice pieces!

No, faucet does not need to match the rest of your hardware, and many different fishes could work with this gold. I must say, though, I think gold faucet + ORB hardware would look really amazing!

• betsyparker
    Original Author
    6 years ago

So we ordered the Rejuvenation ones to see if they worked, and I thought they were (ironically) slightly too gold compared with the Britzo faucet (although I loved them otherwise). But they probably would have worked in a pinch since not right next to the faucet. We ended up with Restoration Hardware Lambeth Knurled pulls and knobs in the Unlacquered Brass (or whatever the name is of the brass finish). They are not an exact match either, but close enough (and I liked tying in the knurled finish). The best color match I found were Emtek knobs, I believe. I'll try to take a pic later after kids' bedtime if I remember.

• cortbarnes
    6 years ago

Thanks Betsy - we'll order some Emtek samples too. Thanks again!

• betsyparker
    Original Author
    6 years ago

cortbarnes, here is a picture of ours currently with the Brizo faucet and RH hardware. We got the bar faucet because it was supposed to be a smaller sink. Now I am kind of wishing we had the full size one!

• cortbarnes
    6 years ago

Thank you! Looks great! Great backslash design too. Enjoy!

• Kristin S
    5 years ago

How are you liking the Litze in the gold color? My impression was that it was a nice softer color between a true brass/gold and a cooler stainless steel - is that accurate? How does it coordinate with the stainless steel sink? We had nearly decided on that faucet, and then I remembered that our sinks are stainless, and I'm worried about how they'll coordinate.

• betsyparker
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi Kristin, I like it a lot. I do think it’s a little bit cooler than a lot of the brass we saw and think it goes fine with the sink. We also had a stainless fridge and dishwasher, so I knew we’d have both tones in there (and tried to get lights to pull both metals in). Like I posted above, I just wish we’d gone full size rather than bar faucet because scale seems kind of small. But it works for us.
  • PRO
    Arica L Munn LLC
    5 years ago
    The Brizo Litze is a gorgeous faucet style! Here are some hardware I've suggested to previous clients who also have the Litze collection. You can also Try Richelieu or Atlas Hardware. :)
  • Fsal
    5 years ago
    Your kitchen is gorgeous!!!
  • Kristin S
    5 years ago

Arica L Munn - Such beautiful kitchens! Do you mix the luxe gold faucets with stainless steel sinks? Or do you go with a different sink material?

• PRO
    Century Hardware
    5 years ago

Seeing the photo of your faucet, Century Hardware's Champagne Gold or Satin Brass finish would be a good match! Check out the Modern Geo and Belvedere Collections.

Belvedere Collection · More Info

Modern Geo · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/collections/centuryamerica

• cmara
    5 years ago

I'm also considering the Brizo Litze faucet for a bar sink. BetsyParker, what size is your bar sink? Mine is a 17 inch square. Looking at your photo, I'm wondering if I need the regular size faucet instead of the bar faucet.

• betsyparker
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Cmara- it’s approximately 17 x 14”. The smaller size is fine for our uses, but I still wish we had gone bigger and gotten a pull down spray. We got those in our kitchen sinks this summer (though not Litze) and love.

• KV
    5 years ago

Going with the luxe gold Litze faucet for our kitchen reno. I was told that Top Knobs' honey bronze hardware would be a close match in color. Has anyone used Top Knob hardware in conjunction with this faucet?

• Pia R
    4 years ago

@ betsyparker how do you like the knurled hardware? We are considering Lambeth knurled pull from restoration hardware for the kitchen. My concern is about how practical this is for the kitchen. Is it easy to clean or do I have to constantly deep clean the groves to get dirt and grease out?

Anyone else have any feedback on knurled cabinet pulls from other vendors?

• betsyparker
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Ria Raj- I still love ithenknurled hardware. Admittedly it’s in basement location that gets not a lot of mess and handling, but honestly, if haven’t noticed the knobs/pulls getting at all gross or difficult to clean. Plus the texture makes it easier to grasp if you have slippery fingers when cooking or cleaning.