Software
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_thomason80

The 4 Year long Remodel Please Help!

8 years ago
Need some floor plan idea's for my Master bath and closet . I want one entrance to the bathroom and I would like to access the closet from within. The problem is to bring the wall out all the way across I would have to move the floor vent AND windows. Someone had suggested I cover one of the windows and leave the outside appearance as the window. I don't know what to do. Here is how I drew it up. Please Help! Here are the dimensions. 13 ' 8 1/2" L x 9'7" W

Can't place tub any place other than where it is.
Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Comments (10)

  • 8 years ago
    I would also move the toilet to the left of the vanity and maybe recessing the back of the toilet 12” into the closet space to tuck it out of sight.
  • 8 years ago
    Agree keep closet separate & avoid intersecting with the window. Galley style the bath with floating vanity & concealed storage to visually widen. Include plenty layers of lighting and let the sun shine in from the window. Pocket door possibly? If the actual scale causes the door to swing in front of your vanity.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I can’t see that you enough room for a walkin closet in the space you have drawn. 30” for the tub, 36” for a min walkway , 24” for a vanity 5” for wall then the walk-in that will only be 5’9” for width of walk-in so hanging space 24” walkway 36” leaves no room for anything except a 9” space for shoes or accessories.IMO this whole thing has to rethought. Please post a pic of the bedroom and this space floor plan drawn to scale

  • 8 years ago
    Hi. Do you need the tub? I know it is a must for some, yet just a shower might help your thoughts. I also don’t know how to block the window, yet I have seen many photos on Houzz where the window is opaque or blocks of glass that filter. This might be an option for you. Good luck.
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    13 x 9 ( after framing ) with a window, is not large enough for BOTH a walk-in closet and a master bath. Post a drawing of the entire suite, with ALL windows and entry points. With all dimensions. Neatly, and on graph paper to 1/4 or 1/2 inch scale

  • 8 years ago
    Thank ya'll so much for commenting! Before the demolition, there was a tiny bath to the left and a walk in to the right. They had separate entrances, however the closet was way to wide and no elbow room in the bath. Let me get my husband to draw it to scale. But I am with you guys and having two separate entrances. I just got way too excited, with a house of 5 boys plus my husband naturally I'm eager to get this done!
    :)
  • 8 years ago
    21 ft 8" x 13 7 1/4 is the entire measurements that I have to work with. Here are the pictures.
  • 8 years ago
    More Pictures
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    If you want real and possible suggestions..... You can't take the lazy info method . Draw the entire SUITE with dimensions to every door, window, wall. All of it.

    Nobody is going to work hard enough to see past your mid remodel state and guess. You're wasting your own time :)