Software
Houzz Logo Print
daspunk2

Hood Solution for 7’6” Ceiling

8 years ago

We are going to be removing some walls to open the kitchen up to the living and dining rooms. We will have an island with a 36” induction range. Planning for the countertops to finish at 38” with the top of the cooktop at 39”. We have tall cooks in the house and we are trying to keep sight lines open so we will be mounting the hood 36” above stovetop leaving only 15” of space for the hood. I found one hood that will work, an imperial isn2042 but it it 2200 dollars which is double what I wanted to spend. Any other options? Could I do a less expensive low profile hood and run the stack into the attic space above with a remote blower? Any other ideas in solving the island hood with tall cook and low ceilings challenge would be helpful. Is having countertops a non standard height like 38” a deterrent if we ever sold the home?

Comments (4)