Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
miabanks1

Any reviews on Hermitage Collection engineered floors?

miabanks1
6 years ago

I would like to replace my old parquet wood flooring with wide-planked oak wood. The engineered product seems more reasonable. A friend installed The Hermitage Collection in Chianti - and it looks great. But I can't find any other reviews on the product - and I'd love to hear if anyone has installed it and what they think of the product (especially if they have had it in place for a while?)?

Comments (24)

• kg949
    6 years ago

I'm also looking to get those floors in 9" plank. Can you send a photo of your friends house?

• miabanks1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• valcondoremodel
    6 years ago

miabanks1-Any more info on these floors? We too are considering them.

• miabanks1
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I don't have any more info. I'm having trouble making a decision :(.....

• Natalie Hill
    6 years ago

I love the Hermitage Collection and will be installing the Cristal. I hope we love it when it's all in.....

http://www.thehermitagecollection.com/documents/Hermitage-Installation-Guide.pdf

• valcondoremodel
    6 years ago

Natalie, please post pictures when installed. Thanks!

• gwinn5
    6 years ago

Miabanks1 is that a picture of your floor or an example one you saw?

• gwinn5
    6 years ago
    Natalie Hill have your floors been installed? Can you post a picture?
  • kimster812
    6 years ago
    I’m also considering The Hermitage Collection in Montmartre, would love anyone else’s reviews as well. Tough to find!
  • pattymimi
    6 years ago

Did Natalie like the distal, I'm thinking of getting it?

• Tej P
    5 years ago

Hi Natalie Hill, I am considering getting Hermitage Cristal installed as well, can you please post pictures? Installing in 1100 sq ft.

• patriciafb
    4 years ago

I am also considering the Hermitage Collection in Cognac or Chianti. Actually I'm trying to decide between one of these and Silver Oak's Belgian Brown and Champagne grey. If anyone could post pictures of with the Hermitage installed would be great. This is the sample I got in Cognac against the silver Oak in Champagne gray and Belgian Brown.

• mani bishay
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We had Hermitage Collection Latour (9inch) installed in our home a couple of years ago. Over this time, we have seen chipped edges develop in a couple of dozen planks in different areas of home. And it certainly has nothing do with us abusing wood flooring. We suspect that either it was poor installation, or poor quality engineered wood, or may be both. Another thing to note is that around 20% of planks in each cartoon had excessive number of knots or other aesthetic damage. Ideally those planks should not have been used (but our installer did not pay attention). On the hindsight, if we still went with Hermitage, we would have ordered 30% extra planks than needed for our square footage to account for quality.

• patriciafb
    4 years ago

Mani thank you for your comment! Could you post a picture of your flooring if you still have it. It´s impossible to find installation pictures online. Installers said 9% waste for this product, 30% is a lot..

• helpintx
    4 years ago

Mani Bishay-are you still having issues?

• riley Bullert
    4 years ago

Hi! I’m trying to find pictures of Hermitage collection floors in the color Cristal. Does anyone have any pictures they could post?? Thanks!

• helpintx
    4 years ago

If you are considering any of the Hermitage products, I STRONGLY suggest you avoid them. I ordered a sample box and the actual floor was a very different color even though the SKU numbers matched. Then I could not get transition pieces that came close to the color or texture. It’s been a month and 3 attempts yet I still don’t have the transition pieces. (One set was SO BAD I actually got splinters!). The area and regional managers were called out. Their solution was to offer a $1/sq ft price reduction! The floor is ugly and now unfinished since they can’t seem to match the flooring.
    There are too many options so stay away from this company!

• house2home00
    last year

@kimster812 how is your floor holding up with hermitage? considering the dijon, but curious to know if you are happy with the quality

• Kristen Villanueva
    2 months ago

@kimster812 @manibishay @patriciafb @rileybullert @house2home00@miabanks1 Hello! Haha I know this post is super old but I figured I'd try. Did anyone who already installed it have any good or bad reviews on the product? I'm considering the Hermitage flooring in color Amiens! Thanks in advance!

• Megan Reynolds
    last month

We built our home in 2015 and installed Cognac. I
    Over the years they have a few scratches & chips but I like the rustic look. Here is a current picture.

• Danielle Nord
    last month

Megan - do you feel like the picture is pretty true to the color? I'm so confused by how much the color of their floors seem to varry in pictures and between samples. We are considering the 9" in Nice and I'm nervous it's going to be far warmer when installed than the sample we were looking at.

• Megan Reynolds
    last month

Danielle, this was taken last night in the evening. Here is this morning with only natural light. I actually enjoy the color variations. Looks more natural to me. Can you ask the floor company to buy just one box so you could get a true idea of how they will really look?

• coastalhomelady
    last month
    last modified: last month

I installed Hermitage Collection: Moet. I love the look and couldn't be happier about that aspect. That said, there is an issue with fading. To be fair though, our living room gets full sunlight all day long. We live at the beach and the sun is very strong.

After just a few months I pulled up our area rug in the living room and there is obvious fading. So not super happy about that. Just thought you all should know that fading will happen if you have strong sunlight. Maybe even soft sunlight but I can't speak for that.

FYI, I am in a differnt house now and I am going to use the same product. Mainly because I love the look ( large size planks and beautiful finishes) and I am so sick of renovations and issues with homes that I just don't give a damn if it fades.

One last, while I was originally looking for flooring I read in reviews for other companies products horror stories of their hardwood/engineered floors' finish bubbling. I can happily attest to this not happening to our's. It's been installed now for three years.