Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nasmijati

OLLD 6/8

nasmijati
10 years ago
Greetings OLLDs. This first message of the day is a "Thinking of you," and "wish-you-were-well-right-now!" especially for David of Ironwood and STK.
Auntie Eztia

Comments (176)

• olldroo
    10 years ago
    Rats - forgot to turn the photos sorry.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    No worries! We did it at the same time!
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    That is a cool ass lamp Roo
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Thanks Bobbi, Houzz is being very slow on downloads today. Glad you like it, I just live in this shop - it is one of our local $2 shops but they have a home decor section that of course goes above $2 but no where near the boutique shop prices. Everything is based on current trends but at the moment it is all the usual Asian Buddha type stuff, everything French and Beach and beach is just my thing at the moment so I am doing really well.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Roo -- love the pelican and the lamp! Great picks!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Thanks Angela.

They have so much in vases and ornaments of every shape and size with the lamp base pattern, I could go nuts but I'm restraining myself - less is more..........right???
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Angela???
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Roo, only sometimes!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Thanks kd - pelican has a big brother and two look great together but just not in my sized area.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Bobbi ??? What is only sometimes???
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Angela!
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Less is more only sometimes! Like for instance, less chocolate is not more, right?
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Ok fine. I hear Jack Reacher calling me, night all!
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Got another bonus this morning - driving to the shops I went past a garage sale with the most gorgeous pink bike out front just Miss 7's size. Snapped it up for $20 so dd will now bring her helmet out to wear and dd still has her old bike here so they can go riding together. Of course I'm sure I've just jinxed them with the weather.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Bobbi... Why would Angela be mad at you???
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Nite nite, bobbi -- sweet dreams! Enjoy Jack!
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Patty, because after months of trying to help her I cried Uncle!! I had to give up before I got cranky :((
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    EZ... is that space on the right of the music a closet?
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Kimdee, in this book, A Wanted Man, it took him 100 pages just to get out of the car! Geez!
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Bobbi... I'm pretty sure she's not mad.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Thank you Robin! I'm sorry Angela!
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Bobbi... I don't think she would get mad about that... I know she really appreciates your help...
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Thanks Patty! Night all for good this time!
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    So, I decided I'm putting in a fountain in my back yard. I was sitting out back digging weeds today and was hearing the neighbours fountain. What a blissful, relaxing sound.
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    G'nite Bobbi. Sleep well.
  • pattyannb
    10 years ago
    Night Bobbi...
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Trust me Bobbi, I aint mad at you, would not even know how to do that, especially since I did not know what UNCLE meant. Lol. I had to take a break from myself.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Bottom line I know that I want the three hanging pendant, now just need to decide the color pendant, clear or color. Plus the ones that I like the most, just cost too much at this time. Priority is my windows right now. I think a fountain would look great Robin.
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    I would like a fountain also, Robin.
  • armygirl1987
    10 years ago
    Yeah-nice, so glad that you responding well to treatments. everyone here has been praying and sending good thoughts and blessing your way. you are truly miss
  • kimdee24
    10 years ago
    Mr Ironwood!!!!!! Nice to hear from you and glad to know you're responding well, and being a good boy and doing what the doctor says. Positive thoughts!
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Aw Ironwood... your name comes up often. We think of you lots. So glad to hear of the positive results.
  • busylady1
    10 years ago
    Sunday market in Pollensa
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Sir David!!! Great to hear from you AND with some good news. Please do try to slow down a little and let your body heal.

Phew today finished crazy. DD came back after footy and took a load of junk for us as she has a Council cleanup this week. She actually loved my lamp - we don't often agree - although kept moving everything around and as fast as I put things in place she followed behind moving them. Got a lot of messy bits done with her help, especially things i have trouble reaching, before BH went for a Chinese Take Away for dinner. Was really nice though
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Angela! Glad to hear you're not upset with me! Good idea to give yourself a break. Sometimes the answer will come to you suddenly and it will be so obvious! You'll wonder what you couldn't decide about.

Sir David! So happy to hear from you and to hear you're responding to the new meds. You must have a great health insurance to afford all this! Please don't be such a stranger!

Roo, funny about DD moving all your stuff around! It's nice to have someone to share the fun.

busylady, where is Pollensa?

EZ, it's nice that you care about the bookcases your Dad built you, that's almost as sweet as you are.

Robin, I read this article about getting rid of weeks. It said to put a piece of cardboard over the weeds until they die and then you can just pull them out of the ground with their roots! Too easy. Get your fountain!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Sir David of Ironwood!! Yayy!! Good new...so happy to hear that & to see your smiling face (pic) on Houzz again!! Can't wait till u r back into the swing with us, with all of our chirping everyday!! Miss your insights!!
    -Good morning all...
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Morning Jayme!
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    @bobbi..whatcha up to today? How early is it out there? Must be only 4:30?
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Well that's a good question, Jayme, I don't have a clue! Yesterday hit 106 and what's left of me that didn't melt needs a plan for today. I've been wanting to make some pull-chain wall sconces, maybe that. At least it's supposed to be cooler today!

How 'bout you? Got some really great plans for today?
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Oh, sorry, yep! It's 4:30 in the am.
  • Jayme H.
    10 years ago
    Yikes! IDK how u stand that heat..yowza!!! Prob. just messing with the yard/plants some more...I have so many plants it's ridiculous, but I seem to add more. Got a "Joe Pye Weed" to plant today, and some containers to fill....Hubby is painting my car in the spots he fixed it. He is in high demand...constant visits from neighbors asking him to look at this or that...last night I was ready to lock the doors and close the blinds!! LOL We like company, just joking!
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    The heat is ridiculous! I walk out of an air conditioned store and it hits me like a ton of bricks! And then add a hot flash to the mix and I feel like I could self-combust. But it's normal for this area so I am starting to get used to it, this is our third summer here. A Starbucks frap helps!

I wish we could grow plants in the backyard but the heat kills them, even if we water 2-3 times/day. Last year I spent $1,000 on plants and only one is still alive. Don't ask me what it's called! It's probably a weed!

How nice to have a handy hubby in demand. A great way to meet new neighbors and keep old friends!
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    Weird. Someone pulled over my rain barrel during the night. I wonder why they did that?...
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Robin, is your rain barrel in the front yard? They didn't go into the backyard, did they?
  • PRO
    Linda
    10 years ago
    Bobbi - have you tried adding water crystals to your soil? They soak up water and release it slowly so it helps to keep the plants from running out of water. I don't know what kind of soil you have...if it is sandy, water just runs through and the roots are constantly dry. Dig in some compost...any organic material you have like grass clippings, straw, etc and put down some mulch on top to help keep the water from evaporating. Get some of the rubber soaker hoses and run them underneath the mulch and your plants will have water and you can just turn it on and leave it on since it doesn't use much water at all and all the water actually gets to the plants without evaporating if it is under a mulch..

Look for plants with waxy leaves since they don't lose so much water through the leaves. There are several types of sedum which can live on very little water. Also, things with leafy leaves like yarrow are good for hot dry areas. I'll bet Eztia could help you figure out which plants would grow for you...her area is similar climate.
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    It's in the back beside my gate just outside my fence on the driveway. It's open to the alley and as far as I can tell, they didn't come into my yard.

I was thinking about going to adopt a dog from the humane society today, I think this just confirmed it for me.
  • charleee
    10 years ago
    Thanks, Linda! I might try that next year. This year I'm still angry about the loss! Not just the plants, but the money too. I'm looking into hardscapes as well but they're a bit pricey for my budget. And sod! I would love to have sod instead of crabgrass :))

Robin, it was probably just kids thinking they were being funny. I think a dog is a great idea. We're suddenly having so many problems with Rocky! He won't stop digging up what plants we have left. Yesterday we leashed him to one of the support poles while we went shopping. He had water, shade and food so I knew he'd be ok. But he chewed thru his brand new leash! He's never been like this before.
  • olldroo
    10 years ago
    Morning all.

Bobbi - with your heat maybe you should go cactus. Have you seen the Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Cactus Gargen in Las Vegas? http://www.lasvegas.com/listing/ethel-m-chocolates--cactus-garden/4744/

And in answer to your earlier question no you cannot have too much chocolate provided you don't mind your girth.

Definitely with Linda on your garden - crystals, drip hose and a good 4 inches of mulch. Keep your watering to early morning and late evening too, during the day watering will only cause the plants to burn. If your heat is anything like ours, then you really need trees for shade to give the plants a chance because the sun will burn them anyway. A hardscape would be the worst thing you could do, it will absorb the heat and make your outdoors even hotter and heat up the air around your home making it harder to go outdoors and causing your a/c to work even harder. Put some shallow ponds in to cool the air down or some fountains - just the sound of water is cooling. You will need chlorine in ponds so you are not forever cleaning them. We had a lovely pond in our courtyard with a fountain and an underwater light. It was gorgeous to sit and listen to in summer. Over time the fountain died and BH wouldn't replace it and then the frogs found it and made a racket every night, cleaning became a chore so some years ago I pulled the whole lot out.

Cardboard is great for killing weeds or put a thick layer of newspaper down and add some mulch on top. It acts as a weed mat and mulch and in time it breaks down and fertilises the soil too.
  • Robin W
    10 years ago
    @Eztia - I'm off work for the next 11 days, so it should be ok. I'm hoping to get a rescue who is already partially house trained, to make lives a bit easier.