fingeret

Wolf v Miele; Gas v Induction

fingeret

Hi: I’m interested in people’s experiences with cooktops and ovens by Wolf and Miele, and also gas v induction.

• Toronto Veterinarian

I've used gas, electric radiant (flat top), electric coil, and induction -- and induction is by far the best of them all for me. I get the great control I loved about cooking on a gas stove, but without the heat or flame - and it is far easier to clean. Also safer, because once the pot is off the element, the heat is off - no one can ever leave a burner on by accident.

fingeret thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • wekick

I would start by searching this forum. Lots of threads on induction vs gas.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/appliances/query/Induction-vs-gas/nqrw

There is also quite a bit about it over on Chowhound's cookware forum to get an idea of pros and cons.

If you decide on gas, consider the different types of burners. Do you mean cooktop vs rangetop? Have you considered BlueStar? What type of cooking do you do?

i would also search Wolf here. The L and E have been around a long time so a lot is written about them. Here are some threads about the M.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/appliances/query/Wolf-M/nqrw

fingeret thanked wekick
  • Jerry Jorgenson

I have a Wolf induction cooktop. It's great except for the touch controls. Next time I will get the Bluestar because it has knobs that will work when your hands are damp.

fingeret thanked Jerry Jorgenson
  • sherri1058

I'm very happy with my Miele induction cooktop. Unlike others though, I don't have any problems with damp fingers and touch controls.

This is the only induction cooktop that I've owned, so I can't compare it to others, but I've had gas and (coil) electric before and won't go back for all the reasons that you read about on this site.

fingeret thanked sherri1058
  • miraspasov

I cannot comment on the Miele or Wolf brands, but I have a Bosch induction cooktop and I LOVE it! No issues with damp fingers and touch controls. Easy cleaning, safe and you have total control on the heat just as gas stovetops. I have had it for about 3 years and it is by far my favorite thing about my kitchen remodel.

fingeret thanked miraspasov