Software
Houzz Logo Print
kay99999

Need advice on cabinet brands

8 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Tedd Wood, Merillat Classic, Merillat Masterpiece, Wolf, Legacy Debut, Bernier, Hardwood Kitchens or Bridgewood Cabinetry kitchen cabinets? These are the only brands offered by the kitchen design center I'm working with. I've found a few reviews of Merillat, Wolf and Legacy, mostly negative, but I can't find anything at all about the others except that Bernier is a Canadian company. Thanks!

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    You have a very wide variety there. If the dealer you are working with can't explain the differences to your satisfaction look for someone else to buy from.

  • 8 years ago

    Check the Kitchens forum where there are lots of discussions about cabinets.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I have found that almost every kitchen design center offers a verity of cabinets to accommodate almost every budget clients can have. Cabinets are a regional offering so although I have 30 plus years in the business I don't know all these brands. I have worked with Merillat Classic, and Bridgewood in the past. Never have I had call backs on either brand.

    You should decide what your budget is, get the very design (work flow) for your home, and then narrow the selection down by those factors. Your final decision should be which do you love the most within your budget.

    Another piece of advise based on experience. Most cabinet problems are from poor install methods, and or lack of maintenance from the homeowners. Remember a small problem is much easier to fix than a larger (broken door, etc) if it is dealt with early on.

    Good luck with your project, and enjoy the finished kitchen

  • 8 years ago

    We recently installed the Legacy Debut Cabinets in our new home. We were told they were a mid-range quality cabinet. The stain on these cabinets is very poorly done. The fronts of the cabinet doors are plywood. We have end caps (sides of cabinets) that are a different wood. The hardware is very cheap, over half the doors and draws do not close properly. Very cheap cabinets and we are sure we were way over charged. We redid our previous home's kitchen 5 years ago and we were extremely happy with the cabinets we installed which were not from Legacy.

  • 6 years ago

    Hope you didn't go with Bridgewood! My beautiful knotty alder 'custom' cabinets came with all ugly, faux oak edge banding -- EVERY cabinet, EVERY reveal, EVERY under cabinet --- it is hideous and they won't fix it and claim to have done 'no wrong.' ---- shoddy.

  • 6 years ago

    So sorry to hear about your disappointment. I ended up going to a different design center because I wasn't happy with the selection, and we installed StarMark cabinets. They're a little more expensive, but the quality is excellent and the company has been great to work with.