Software
Houzz Logo Print
snl97

Help! paint thoughts

8 years ago
Soon I will be taking on Painting these cabinets white. Going to add trim to island to make it look a little better than the builder grade it is in my 1995 home. I am thinking of painting black!? Thoughts? Ideas?
snl97's Ideas · More Info

Comments (3)

  • 8 years ago
    I love black cabinets.
  • 8 years ago
    I love black cabinets too. That said your counters look dark, maybe charcoal and your appliances look black. Are those staying? Is the room bright with lots of natural lights? If counters and appliances are staying, I would opt for something that would provide some contrast while still complementing counters. Otherwise, it might look like black on black on black. Good luck
  • 8 years ago
    I see you have dark countertops, though I love and have had black cabinets myself, that maybe too much black or dark colors. perhaps paint just the lower cabinets black, then paint the upper cabinets a neutral and incorporate some black wood trim to the upper cabs, good luck and I'm sure it will be great