Software
Houzz Logo Print
aet0283

??? What to do ???

8 years ago
Really don’t want to put up curtains, change the table or chairs, 5x7 rug too small, 8x10 rug too big..need ideas to make this pretty!

Comments (21)

  • 8 years ago

    There is 8x8 square rugs! I like this design if you like these colors. Also I don't know if there are kids in the home, but I like the idea of setting up a wine rack in the center like the pic below with the wine glasses or how neat it would look in a tray with some fruit any cheese. If you like the idea of placing some wall art above the windows and go with the wine idea some wall art inspiration pics below.

    A square area rug in a color that would complement your window and table colors incorporating both brown and white.
    A wine rack centerpiece with wine glasses and candles.
    A nice wine centerpiece idea on top of a round lazy Susan/cuttingboard.
    Notice the placement of wall art above the windows here.
    Some wine themed wall art set ideas, I'm thinking 3 on each wall.

    Good luck!

  • 8 years ago

    If you decided to reupholster the chairs that would be really unique again I'm showing you something in a basic color because I'm not too sure of your style but just to give you an idea of some fun options! Have fun!

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    I remember this post from yesterday.

    [Help with Kitchen Rug[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/help-with-kitchen-rug-dsvw-vd~5213403)

    Would you consider painting and/or changing the chandelier? I think what's difficult in this room is the colors. The floor is beige with pink undertones, the walls are tan with yellow undertones, the seat cushions are a deep mauve and the window coverings are stark white. I think if you reconsider the coloring in the room, you'll have something that you'll like much more.

  • 8 years ago
    New light fixture.
  • 8 years ago

    the white blinds are too stark for the colours that you have .

  • 8 years ago

    If the light fixture wasn't such an obstacle I think some hanging plants would suit the place well if you went with a wine setting, I am not suggesting these planters exactly but just the idea and way of hanging, others have made suggestions about the paint, light fixture, and difficult flooring already, I hope some of my ideas help inspire you as far as accessories go! Take care!

  • 8 years ago
    Not sure what you are willing to change here to make this work. I’m guessing you don’t want to go through the expense of all new window shades as you have a lot of them. This probably wasn’t the best furniture choice given what you had here. You will have to use your imagination a bit here I’m afraid! I have drawn in red drapes, a new light fixture and suggest you recover the seats on the chairs. I chose red because it goes well with your dark furniture and looks good with the floor which is an odd color. Whatever color you choose try to incorporate some white into the print as I did in the chair fabric to tie in the window blinds.
  • 8 years ago

    A nice pendent light for your small corner space.

    Very sexy for a drinking atmosphere. :)

  • 8 years ago

    I'm just wondering if your table is like these models with the wine rack storage?? I can't tell by the pictures

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    There are many attractive ways to cover the white window tops you mentioned in your other post, maybe swag curtains, lots of style options with these

  • 8 years ago

    If you do decide to tackle the wall color, below are some colors to consider, as they purportedly work will with pink undertones. Also included are some fabric options for seat covers and/or shades that look like they would work well with the wall colors. Also included is a new chandelier to think about.


  • 8 years ago
    Replace the blinds with coloured ones: the white is too harsh. A round or square rug would work. Try to figure a way of getting art into the space. Even patterned blinds would give the space a lift.
  • 8 years ago
    Those blinds are creating a visual barrier IMO. They are just too stark and white...take them down and get softer Roman shades in a tiny print or woven rattan type Romans. Recover the chair seats in a lighter pattern. Don’t know your style, but any small print will do. And move the 5th chair out of the room. It looks crammed into that corner. A square rug will ground the room. Lots to,choose from on Wayfair.
  • 8 years ago

    I like the idea of a square rug for your space ,if you take a look at this idea perhaps you will be able to visualize it ,you could change the light fixture with something different and add panels to the windows to soften the look .


    Orchid Lane Dallas, TX · More Info


  • 8 years ago
    You don’t need to change your shades; paint your walls white. Work with a white, brown and whatever other color palette! Find co- ordinating fabrics for drapery panels and seat cushions etc.
  • 8 years ago
    Example
  • 8 years ago

    I don't think the space is large enough for an area rug unfortunately.

    You don't want to push out from the chair and have it off the rug. Otherwise it's catching on the rug when you sit and pull the chair in. It's a pain and in the long run fear you would not be happy with it.

    I think you'd do great with a new light fixture and some roman shades to warm up the space. Roman shades are very easy to make as well. Covering the chairs as suggested would be a way to liven the space as mentioned.


    Relaxed roman shade and light (light is too high just placed it there to block the light that is in place.


    Romans are just an example... Relaxed shown and there is traditional which is straight across the bottom and naturally in a fabric that appeals to you. I just grabbed this example to post.

    Good luck!


  • 8 years ago
    There really isn’t room for the right size rug...one that allows the chairs to be pulled out and pushed back while still on the rug....the short cut to the wall color and shades may be to paint the wall white so the shades are not so dominant...this small change will allow you to get a showstopper light fixture over the table that will re-set the room style wise
  • 8 years ago
    A square rug might work if it goes clear to the walls below the shades...that would definitely add some personality with a striking and interesting rug
  • 8 years ago
    I’m getting kind of a British colonial feel. And though you may not want to consider changing out your blinds, I would love to see chocolate brown blinds instead of the light/white you currently have. For softness, I might include linen or cotton swags, neutrals or a faded neutral print using leather as a tie back. Floor plant, banana leaf or fishtail fronds, then have it uplit with a spot light tucked into the planter. Then I’d try recovering the chair seats myself with your signature color, something bold like red or a red print (Asian or Indian silk) or a neutral and then use pops of bold color in the chandelier shades and flowers. A simple 6 armed chandelier in white, neutral or black with shades in a linen or rattan for texture or a gorgeous Asian print in a bold silk red. A heavily faceted glass vase with orchids or Asian lilies for some sparkle and a handful of votives on the table would transport your guests. It’s such a great room with so much potential. It’ll come to you! Post pics when you’re done!
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations