Software
Houzz Logo Print
catherine_flemming

Mixing mixed metals in kitchen?

We’re renovating and I’m trying to be brave with mixing metals to add warmth and depth. In the kitchen, I like the look of brushed nickel (cabinet hardware) with copper (lighting). Also, the copper looks great next to our grey/blue island.

Here’s where I got stuck. I ordered a chandelier (which I like but could choose something else and not be crushed). The metal is actually an antique copper, not copper copper.

The pendant lights are copper copper. They’re mostly clear glass with copper at the top of the glass and at the ceiling. Definitely different than the chandelier. The pendants and chandelier are about 15 feet apart.

So, the question is—which option is best?

1) Return the chandelier and try to get something in actual copper?

2) return the pendants and try to get something in antique copper?

3) Hang then all— they’ll look fine!

4) Return them both and get brushed nickel to match the hardware— or something else?

Chandelier (though I ordered from Houzz)
https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp/house-of-hampton-clemence-crystal-8-light-drum-chandelier-hmpt1540.html

Thank you!!!

Comments (9)