0

Wanted: Helleborus seedlings or divisions

Tom Mather
April 20, 2018

I am looking for some Helleborus seedlings or divisions. My yard is shady and dry, and the deer are a big problem. I used to have some Helleborus (Christmas roses) that grew very well, reseeded at times and were never bothered by deer. Unfortunately, they all got trampled and killed by some workers a few years ago. They are so expensive in the nurseries that I haven't replaced them yet, but I don't mind waiting for seedlings or divisions to grow.

I have several plants available for trading. I have some seedlings that I've repotted from lungwort (raspberry color flowers) and toad lillies. I also have a lot of dwarf yellow irises that I could divide if anyone is interested. They are a nice pale yellow color and frequently rebloom throughout the summer and fall.

• Peggy Bishop_McVay

If you don't get a local response, I can send you some if you will cover postage.

• Tom Mather

Thanks, Peggy. I noticed that you have toad lilies on your wanted list, if you want to trade some plants. I would gladly cover the postage regardless.

• Jacob

Hello Peggy

I would be very interested in some Helleborus seedlings. I am willing to pay for postage on I am willing to exchange plants. I have plenty of Trillium Cuneatum and Trillium Luteum