Software
Houzz Logo Print
nancy_laverde

Should I add sheer curtains in between these curtains??

13 years ago
Should I add sheer curtains in between these curtains?? We want a little more privacy as this window is in the front but at the time we still want a lot of light to come through. Ever night I close them up and it doesn't look cute so I just want to be able to leave this as frame curtains and the sheer in the middle. Really opened-minded so all comments and ideas are welcomed!!

Comments (21)

  • 13 years ago
    The lighting is awful but the curtain are like a beige and light taupe and these chairs are beige and yellow
  • 13 years ago
    If you want to stick with the curtains you have, yes, I would add sheers.
  • 13 years ago
    Hmm but I would probably have to get taller curtains to have that kiss effect. I really like the idea of the roman or fiber curtains!
  • 13 years ago
    This "better" lighting and one with them closed
  • 13 years ago
    Yeah, definitely sheers. :)
  • 13 years ago
    Would you do white or ivory?? Walls are cream color
  • 13 years ago
    I would say ivory--white would be too stark a contrast. :)
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I am having the same problem. I don't think sheers looked modern enough ( for my room) so I am using cellulose shades. I do not have beautiful windows like you do, though.
  • 13 years ago
    I have the cellulose blind that you van have as sheer and at night or when we leave the house I draw the opaque side. Sheers work except wouldn't you close the curtains again when you leave...
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Woven wood shades would look the best. Sheers wouldn't add enough oomph. The texture of a woven wood will really add a ton of warmth. I like your curtains and hardware. Looking good!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Roman shades in fabric which brings out the colors that ties the chairs in. Can you move the chairs by the sofa rather than in that area and add a small round pedestal table there with a vase in the yellow ? Can you send other photos of area .
  • 13 years ago
    This is the rest of the area-- missing some art work on walls and a little something else-- this is the formal living room but I have it more as a sitting area since its the first room you see when you come in (entrance is on left of picture)
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    what if you swich the console to the wall for the sofa wall. Add more art work to both walls. You can balance out the wall where the console will be with a planter or small ottomans, vertical type art work on each side of the mirror etc. ? If you keep the sofa on this wall add a tall plant in the corner next to the sofa and console. My opinion is blinds or some other type of shade rather than sheers.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Nancy, if you are looking for wall art you can check out our page. You can order our prints in any size and on different surfaces... Raisa
  • 13 years ago
    Sheers for sure
  • 13 years ago
    I do not know if it is the photo's but sorry, I do not like these curtains with those chairs. I think you need a darker curtain against the wall color and the yellow chairs. I think I would opt for woven shades. A round accent table between them.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Please add sheers. They will soften the light and make the area seem more inviting. they will also better connect the three seperate windows into one cohesive unit.

    http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/sheer-drapery.html
  • 13 years ago
    That makes sense to connect all of the windows with sheers! Never thought of it that way.
  • 13 years ago
    I would go with a woven roman shade. It brings in another layer of texture. Sheers are blah! The natural feel of a woven texture will tie in the leaf motif on the chair fabric. You can purchase them rather inexpensively online or at your local hardware store.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks for photo. I think you should move the console to the wall the sofa is on put one chair on each side of the console the color will look great next to the dark console move the mirror and lamp to that wall as well move the sofa to the wall that the console was originally on add art work . add a club chair set at an angle in front of the window facing the sofa. The current chairs color really doesn't flow with the draperies so you need to move them away . You could also add a window seat. Also add a round ottoman in front of sofa .