Software
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_blalack

4' horizontal louver fence

13 years ago
like to know details on building this fence?
Contemporary cedar fence · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    If you click on the green 'more info' link below the photo or on the photo itself if there is no 'more info' link, it will take you to a page that has a link to the online source for this item. You should be able to find the info you need there.
  • 13 years ago
    I was wondering how you finished the cedar? thanks!
  • 12 years ago
    Any information on what type of hardware was used to secure the pickets?
  • 12 years ago
    I think the only option is stainless outdoors. Other metals will rust, run and stain . I have been looking at cedar for exterior purposes also and the verdict is in....stainless...LOL Cedar must be treated every year or two..We found a product we love which is Olympic Elite oil stain. Every product review as far as stains go are all about the same maintenance. I like the oil because it penetrates the wood and protects it from splitting. I don't think you can get that with a water based product. We bought samples of different types and tried it on cedar boards...The Olympic Elite Oil looked so much finer.
  • 11 years ago
    We ended up building almost an exact replica of this fence using stainless senco nails and stainless pan head screws for our gates. We used a local/natural product called TimberPro here in Portland to stain/seal. Two coats should provide 3-5 years of uv and water protection. The hardest part building a fence like this is the quality of the cedar from the mill. Very inconsistent and with the quantity you can't pick each piece out individually.