Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
weed30

Great butterfly cage!

weed30 St. Louis
5 years ago

I now have two Insta Cages for raising butterflies. They are called that because they require no tools to assemble....a combination of magnetized pegs and holes holds them together. It takes just a few minutes to assemble them. I love them because they work great for raising caterpillars to butterflies, and when the season is over, they dismantle easily for cleaning, (in the bathtub with 10% bleach solution), and store flat. My favorite thing is the door! It's big, making it simple to clean/change host food. I line the bottom with paper towels to make it easy to remove the frass.

Below is a picture of my two cages, one is 17"w x 17"d x 26"h and the other is 12.5"2 x 12.5"d x 18"h. The bigger one houses my black swallowtails, and the smaller my monarchs. I might have to get another one if I get too many Giant swallowtails this year...currently those are raised in a smaller plastic aquarium. They're kind of spendy...I think I paid $80 for the big one and just got the smaller one for $46. But they are totally worth it to me because they work so well. BTW, they're actually marketed as reptile cages :)

Comments (4)