don_socal

Quotes 6 - 19 - 18

don_socal

Blaise Pascal Quotes

French - Philosopher June 19, 1623 - August 19, 1662

The strength of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special exertions, but by his habitual acts.

Blaise Pascal

Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.

Blaise Pascal

I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I have not had the time to make it shorter.

Blaise Pascal

Vanity of science. Knowledge of physical science will not console me for ignorance of morality in time of affliction, but knowledge of morality will always console me for ignorance of physical science.

Blaise Pascal

Words differently arranged have a different meaning, and meanings differently arranged have different effects.

Blaise Pascal

Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so established, that, unless we love the truth, we cannot know it.

Blaise Pascal

Nature is an infinite sphere of which the center is everywhere and the circumference nowhere.

Blaise Pascal

Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?

Blaise Pasca