Software
Houzz Logo Print
tlkrut

Backsplash ideas?

13 years ago
Kitchen is coming along 8 months after super storm sandy. Ugh out of ideas. Want to keep it light n clean. Backsplash ideas please. Thnxs

Comments (32)

  • 13 years ago
    Ha sorry pics wouldn't load. 2nd pic. Isn't mine whoops. Here's another. Already kept our countertops and stainless steel appliances. Thnxs.
  • 13 years ago
    Is the second pic your old kitchen?
  • 13 years ago
    Sorry posts crossed
  • 13 years ago
    Cream or ivory crackled subway tiles? What do you think sam0705?
  • 13 years ago
    I was thinking crackle subway too! I swear!
  • 13 years ago
    Or, play it safe with white subway tile.
    Classic Squirrel Hill Kitchen · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    mforr..love that crackled glass! Great idea.
  • 13 years ago
    I like that first one a lot too.
    I don't know the technical term for these but I like the handmade/fired looking subway tiles too. This one happens to be in my favorite pattern as well.
    http://houzz.com/photos/163794
  • 13 years ago
    what is the name of your granite?
  • 13 years ago
    Love that herringbone, sam0705, it's a great pattern.
  • 13 years ago
    The handmade "wavy" tiles. There's a cheap version by Casa vogue called Gabriella(?) in ivory. Very inexpensive. That's the white one I used in shower, sam0705. I'll look for picture for poster.
  • 13 years ago
    These are white, but they come in ivory too. Pretty with your cabinets and counters
  • 13 years ago
    I like the texture in those. Also if you like white consider a beveled tile for a little something extra
  • 13 years ago
    here is an idea I was thinking to do whenever we do our backsplash
    Showplace Cabinets - Kitchen · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Wow. You are all too sweet. I so needed this. Thanks so much. And I actually have silestone. Called GIALLO QUARRY

    I didn't love the look of white against my cashmere cabinets. But I'm loving the crackled look. And will spend tonight online here are some other pics. It opens into a news room we had to re build. Next is paint color. Wondering staying light or add some color light greens or blues. Hmm. Thank you all. I truly appreciate it. It's been a long road and we are tired
  • 13 years ago
    Sorry my Internet keeps going out
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Paint or paper the wall to match the rest of the kitchen. Too much hard surfaces inkitchens already. I hate tile or grantit back splashes!!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Love greens, maybe something in these colors? Sherwin Williams , the hearts of palm is my favorite, but the lighter ones are lovely too
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Giallo Quarry · More Info


    Jerusalem Gold Marble 5/8x5/8 Mosaic Tile Tumbled · More Info

    Jerusalem Gold Tumbled Tile · More Info

    Benjamin Moore Saybrook Sage Paint · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    thanks for posting the Silestone info. I'm thinking to do Silestone or Caesarstone in my kitchen. Looking forward to seeing it when you are finished :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would go with the larger chip. It is light but warm and pretty much a neutral. Much prettier and warmer than rock!
  • 13 years ago
    What's the larger chip you're talking about? :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Sherwin Williams larger paint chip
  • 13 years ago
    Ah, hearts of palm. :)
  • 13 years ago
    The celery or shagreen color with either a white subway tile or glass tile backsplash would look great in my opinion. It is a classic look. You could do some accents with black, which looks very clean and modern while keeping a generally traditional line.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    So there's no confusion, I recommend the color and NO tile or stone.
  • 13 years ago
    Gantt's Decorating,
    Are you saying that she should not have a backsplash at all? Anywhere in the kitchen? I'm remodeling my kitchen as well and looking for an expert's opinion. We will be selling the house in just a few years and want it to appeal to the masses. Backsplash or no backsplash? My cabinets are white and I'm looking at White Diamond granite. I was going to tile the backsplash. Also, I am not going to have a granite border along the backsplash. Please let me know what you think. (This is the granite that I'm considering next to our white cabinets and wood floors)
  • 13 years ago
    Sorry gannts, I can't see no backsplash, perhaps back painted glass instead. Or beadboard in the right kind of kitchen. Besides being easier to clean, it just sort of finishes off the space. :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Unfortunately, If you are planning on selling the house, the back splash will make it more saleable, because it is the popular fad or trend. My advice would be to make the back splash the same granite as the counter. Reason: If you have a wooden floor, white wooden cabinets and the granite you show(which I like) you already have three different materials coming together in one place, adding tile is another material or texture is distracting and does not help to unify the space. This is not what I would advise my clients who are going to be in their home for a long time, but you want universal appeal for the next year or so. I am flattered in your confidence and hope this is helpful. Bill
  • 13 years ago
    I think this will make for a great, simple but chic backsplash for your kitchen http://www.glasstilestore.com/shop-by-colors-now/beige-cream/illusion-3d-brick-crema-marfil-pattern.html
  • 13 years ago
    Isn't that one difficult to clean given the grease and splashes in the kitchen?