Software
Houzz Logo Print
donnamarie1993

Backsplash

13 years ago
Being that it is slate was it already glazed or was it sealed after install ?
you have inspired me , very functional layout for my style and put together so very well. thank you for all of the answers
Suncadia Residence, Washington · More Info

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    The backsplash was sealed after the installation. I'm glad you're inspired.
  • 13 years ago
    What is the name of the back splash?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hey Marc,
    It's referred to as a mid-black slate. Cut to size on site
  • 13 years ago
    Do you know where I could get this tile?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    telder13 I'm afraid I do not. Sorry. I suggest you take pictures (or laptop) to your best tile showroom and see if they can steer you in the right direction.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    What size are the tiles on the backsplash?
  • 12 years ago
    Where can you buy this slate backsplash?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    amackjr, I'm afraid I don't. Sorry. I suggest you take pictures (or take your laptop) to your best tile showroom and see if they can steer you in the right direction. It's referred to as a mid-black slate. Cut to size on site
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you.
  • 12 years ago
    One more question: is it possible to cover a popcorn ceiling with the douglas fir tongue and groove planks that you have here or do I have to tear the popcorn out first?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Sure, it seems possible. But I can't say whether this is a good idea or not without seeing the project up close. Whether it is advisable depends on your specific conditions and variables. I highly recommend you consult with an experienced building contractor. Good luck with your project
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks much. Have a good day.
  • 12 years ago
    We have something similar from glasstilestore called bardiglio big brick marble if you're interested
  • 12 years ago
    Great kitchen. Are the cabinets custom or a brand I can find nationally? Thanks.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The cabinets are custom. If you're in the Pacific Northwest let me know and I'll hook you up with the fabricator.
  • 11 years ago
    You mentioned you cut these on site...what was the original size? Also has anyone been able to figure out what the backsplash tile is yet?
  • 11 years ago
    What sizes does the bardiglio come in?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Bardiglio was mentioned by Glass Tile Store in an earlier comment on this string. They were not involved in this project. Suggest you contact them directly regarding Bardiglio.
    Regarding your slate size prior to being cut - I think it was 12 x 12