Software
Houzz Logo Print
deefemme

Dated dining set makeover

13 years ago
this is what i did to my dining table set because i had no money to buy a new set and this one was so old fashioned! What do you think?

Comments (8)

  • 13 years ago
    Cool! I even liked them with just the new seat covers.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Fun! I particularly like the red chairs. Would you consider painting/staining the table black?
  • 13 years ago
    I like what you did! Such a great way to update an older set.
    Dee femme thanked creeser
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks all, honestly, I saw the idea on here, bought a staple gun, fabric and spray paint and it was fairly easy. Its definitely something anyone can do! Sharon I am open to painting the table. I actually thought about black but wasn't brave enough to try it! And then the end chairs are brown so I wasn't sure if it would work! Wish I could see what it would look like before I tried it!
  • 13 years ago
    Very cool and exciting! Did you prep the wood in any way and was that just acrylic paint?
    Dee femme thanked wisneb
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great fix!!!
    Dee femme thanked Matt Patterson Custom Homes
  • 13 years ago
    To wisnéb' I didn't do anything to the wood. I think it couldn't hurt to sand it for a better finish! The paint was a high gloss enamel paint. Will check the brand and let you know tomorrow.