Software
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

Is this Clematis reticulata?

8 years ago

I found these seeds and vines growing along the back hedgerow when I went to see if I could get beautyberry cuttings. I haven't been back there for a long time, so it was done blooming. I got a bunch of brown seeds, and clipped this for identification.


The leaves are opposite, not in threes like most clematis. I searched, and Clematis reticulata was the only one I found that had leaves somewhat like this. I hope this is what it is, because I'd love to grow some, because I read it is a good hummingbird plant. I only found one picture (on Plants Delights) that had the "mitten" shaped leaf like this one has.


Pic 1 - dried seeds on right




Pic 2 - closeup of mitten leaves (I don't know if that's what they're called, but that's what my grandmother called them). Had to use the Sharpie to hold them flat.






Comments (8)