Software
Houzz Logo Print
cedemas

I can't see pictures anymore.

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

For a while it was sporadic but nothing for about 2 days now. What's going on with Houzz? Surely I am not the only one.


(I'm using an HP desktop with Windows 10 home and Chrome).

Comments (33)

  • 8 years ago

    I can see pictures.

    cedemas thanked jerijen
  • 8 years ago

    I can see pictures. Perhaps an issue on your own device?

  • 8 years ago

    Thanks, Mad_gallica. What a shoddy programming practice. I suppose they are optimizing for android and whatnot.

    Chrome is a very popular browser. Wonder why they don't think to test with it.

    I am on Vivaldi now and see pics again. But this sucks, having to use a different browser for this site.

  • 8 years ago

    Cedemas, you can see pics..that is awesome. I saw your post on Jackie's thread :)

    Jin

  • 8 years ago

    I can’t see them either, just white empty boxes.

  • 8 years ago

    No pictures for me either. I thought all the problems and updates had been sorted, but apparently not. This site is now too difficult to deal with.

  • 8 years ago

    No pictures on my laptop or iPad, only on my phone. I commented on this on another post and someone else also said they couldn't see a picture so I think it's with Houzz.

  • 8 years ago

    I am using the same set up as cedemas and have no problems seeing the photos. Perhaps shutting your browser and clearing the cache then restarting it will help? Sometimes something changes from one visit to the next and what was correct for the previous session isn't for the later one. Clearing history and restarting the browser usually clears that out.

    cedemas thanked roseseek
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    No pics for me..............getting really annoyed with this now. Has anyone logged a complaint? I'm on Win 10 and I prefer Opera. Tried Edge.....no Joy, tried Firefox and it works. !!!!! I think the Tech Team need to look at this.

    cedemas thanked User
  • 8 years ago

    Clearing the cache worked. Thanks, Kim.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Oh dear ..I don't used my computer Bec I know I will have issues right from jump start. I am using my Android phone which I bought a new one last week since my old one was on its last leg.

    Must be another new update that Houzz had that always triggers something.

    Jin

    cedemas thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • 8 years ago

    Good! I'm glad cedemas. You're welcome. That often clears whatever problem I've encountered here and with most other sites.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    It worked for me also on my first generation iPad. I'll try it later today on my old Dell laptop. Thank you. I don't know why they do these things.

  • 8 years ago

    Hi All, if you are having trouble with the site, please first make sure you have installed all updates to your iOS and browser. If you are still not seeing photos, definitely shoot us a message through help.houzz.com (profile support) and we can help troubleshoot there. Thanks!

    cedemas thanked Emily Hurley
  • 8 years ago

    Please, Emily, don't let things all go bad again. June was a disaster for houzz function.

  • 8 years ago

    Cant-type-only-one-word-what-the-heck??


  • 8 years ago

    Plumeria girl, try emptying your cache. It was easy and I've had to do it on other sites besides this one. There is something weird going on however. I hope they stop screwing with things because I don't really like the other site where everyone else s gone. I like the general format here. For some reason now I can't delete from voice recognition easily on my phone. Please stop screwing with this site.

  • 8 years ago

    Something is going on again even after emptying my cac. It was working perfectly 10 minutes ago and now I couldn't even submit my comment and then it erased it. It also won't let me delete things when I'm in voice recognition. This is ridiculous Emily almost everyone has gone to another site we are left here because we like the format and we like the people here, but this is ridiculous. You need to stop changing things. I really prefer to stay here. Why do you force our hand?

  • 8 years ago

    Hi Again, The photo issue should be resolved as of a fix yesterday afternoon. If you are still having that issue please let us know at the link above! Thanks!

  • 8 years ago

    Emily -- Since you are here . . .


    Can you tell me why, if I start a new thread, I cannot put a photo into that post? I have to put it in as a "reply".

  • 8 years ago

    This reality bites !!. On my phone

    It is acting up but not on my husband's. My cache is clear so i have no idea why it is doing that plus if i see a link , a pic or even thumbs up, it throws me to top of the thread

    several times.

    Emily, did you had a new update ??

    What is going on ??


    I am sending you a ticket soon. Even this phone is starting to do same things. Like words disappearing after i type out.

    Thanks




  • 8 years ago

    I don't use a phone, and if this forum is only going to work smoothly with cell phones, that leaves me out.

  • 8 years ago

    OK, I can now see photos. Thank you for fixing the problems when you are made aware of them, and I understand that updating a site can be tricky but the problems here seem to be never-ending. Lola.

  • 8 years ago

    Jeri, for once the problems seem to e with my phone and not my iPad or laptop! They seemed to have fixed the that problem, although clearing my cache did clear it prior. I've had the picture problem on other site so it doesn't upset me as much as some of the other Shenanigans going on here! I just don't know why my spell check is being affected on my phone!

  • 8 years ago

    This is stupid. I write something typing it and it immediately erases it! This is the problem Jin was having last night.

  • 8 years ago

    Well according to house It sounds like I am experiencing a Compatibility Issue with my mobile browser and House platform. So is recommended that I should use the house mobile app.

    I have not done much but using my husband's phone. I just wrote a long msg on Lisa's thread and poof it disappears. Sorry, Lisa.

    I dont understand why there is a difference bec my older phone was still an android. Almost similar and i prefer browser version. Guess i cant be choosy . Oh well, i will give it a shot. If not i am sending another ticket








  • 8 years ago

    Plumeria girl, I just had this exact same problem and I fixed it! I was able to clear my cache just for the gardenweb on Chrome and it worked. It also fixed the weird typing issues where it erases everything I wrote or let me edit from voice recognition. Give it a try. I could send you a p.m. with the instructions I found online but basically you just have to go into your Chrome settings. Clearing my cache on my laptop worked but I didn't realize I could do that on my phone cuz I don't know why I'm stupid! Lol! :-)

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    well, I was gone for a while. finally, I can log on and see threads before I had issues. I could not even go to any threads and became worst. is the format change or is it just me. Everything is new to me. when, I am posting a comment, I can't see any of other comments at all. it is like solitary page itself. plus if I post something I wont able to edit cuz that's no edit button. The fonts are different and format is different and stylus different. But , I am glad it is on and working right now.
    jin

  • 8 years ago

    Glad it's working for you now Jin. I'm crossing my fingers with things going normally now here with that horrible houzz, June, in the rear view mirror. I never understood what they were trying to accomplish.

  • 8 years ago
    Shiela, I am still having issues but it is all minor which I can handle. I cannot stand the Houzz app but chrome is useless for me. Talking about compatibility but I don't understand even my old phone is Android. I still used both just one don't work at all just for reading the other I used to type or post pics. sometimes, I forget and try to write and that's when I realized which one I am on .hahaha
    The Houzz app I have to go topics and get antique rose to log on . Just a few steps I have to take Everytime I log on and chrome is right there handy.
    jin
  • 8 years ago

    I feel badly that houzz is so bad at their job. I don't think they are doing any of this on purpose. I'm glad you are making it work, Jin.

  • 6 years ago

    All of a sudden my saved pics are no where to be found! HELP! What's up?