Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
csacco2927

Marble Master Bath Remodel

Charlotte Sacco
5 years ago
Our 1983 year old Home needed a master bath remodel desperately. Replaced sunken whirlpool tub and small shower with one large double head shower and more storage. Out with the shag carpet and in with 100% waterproof NuCore flooring. Marble in shower and for countertops. Replaced 80’s glass sliding doors into closet with barndoor with mirror.

Comments (27)

• Charlotte Sacco
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Before pics
  • Nancy in Mich
    5 years ago

Nice looking! I like the smart design feature of having the two doors between the sinks opening in opposite directions, which makes it easier for both to use. Of course, all the storage is great, too. Very good job.

• Charlotte Sacco
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you! It’s not as pretty as two long doors, but much more functional. My husband insisted on it!
  • chispa
    5 years ago

Looks great. The only thing I would have added is a separate handheld shower head to make cleaning the shower much easier.

• Charlotte Sacco
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    That’s a great idea and I’m pretty sure we can change out the head on the regular one to that other option. It would make the cleaning the shower much easier!
  • Gill
    5 years ago

Wow! Beautiful! Amazing transformation!

• User
    5 years ago

Carpet in the bathroom is freakin disgusting. Nasty. I can't imagine how much bacteria is in that. At the time you know there was people saying things like "its very trendy" or "its modern" ect. I would have to told them to go screw themselves. I feel the same way about many modern things today. Especially with all the marketing tv shows, magazines, and websites shoving this stuff down peoples throats. Its like, what the hell are these people thinking.

• Nancy in Mich
    5 years ago

Tony, one period when carpet became a trend was the mid-late 70s. We were in an energy crisis and we had to turn down the thermostat to be able to afford heating bills. I was in junior high and the school was so cold we wore winter coats and mittens in class. So all those 1950s and 1960s and earlier tiled baths (which were not functionally that old) that did not have supplemental heating, that did not have in-floor heating, were very very cold. Adding carpet that you could trim to fit became popular just as a method of self-defense! You were supposed to be able to pick it up again and wash it. Baths were so small in the homes I was in that we did occasionally do that. Plus, they were sold complete with the toilet mat and tub mat to match (and the entire toilet dressing set where even the tank got pile!) and those pieces did get washed regularly. JC Penney and Sears sold them in the catalogue.

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    5 years ago

Very nice!

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    5 years ago

Amazing transformation, love the shower seat and the barn door really adds character to the space.

• kayca
    5 years ago

I love it! Fantastic storage solutions!

• PRO
    TBS Construction Inc.
    5 years ago

That shower is beautiful!

• Charlotte Sacco
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Krietia - I do not miss the tub. I am not a tub person anyway and so it was not a problem for me. Love the larger shower much better!
  • Jill Sanders Jonason
    5 years ago

Beautiful! Love the colors!

• Helen
    5 years ago

This seems to be a disappearing and appearing magical thread :-)

Thought it was lovely then and still lovely with ingenious storage ideas.

I also took out the horrible tub/shower combo in my master bath and put in a larger walk in shower. I never took a bath so what was the point of putting back a mediocre washing experience when I could have a great shower. Also, I didn't want to have to step over the side of the tub especially since I plan to age in place. Although my new larger shower isn't curbless it does have as small a curb as is functionally possible for ease of entry as well as a more streamlined appearance.

• PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 years ago

What a transformation, I love the use of the barn door! You have great taste!

• PRO
    Michels Homes
    5 years ago

Beautiful work!

• FutureDriven
    5 years ago

Great transformation. My master has a similar layout (huge whirlpool tub and small shower) and its on our reno list. You did a great job. Did you have to move any plumbing?

• Charlotte Sacco
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    FutureDriven - exciting! So the two showerheads in the shower - One is in its original place and the other one comes from the tub plumbing. So there was not that much to do!
  • FutureDriven
    5 years ago

Awesome! Thanks! Did you keep your toilet in the space as well and did you do anything to that area?

• DS Kobi
    5 years ago

Fabulous! I love all the storage and especially the pattern on the shower floor!

• PRO
    Verona Home Design
    5 years ago

This looks lovely!

• Linda Fuller
    5 years ago

im in love!! what a beautiful space~

• Charlotte Sacco
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    FutureDriven - The toilet room is on the other side of the barn door. It was its own room originally and the only thing we did there is paint and replace the toilet.
  • FutureDriven
    5 years ago

ahh thanks! Ours is open beside our vanity, but we are thinking about enclosing it like yours! Great job!

• PRO
    KT tile
    5 years ago

Looks awesome! Great job!