Software
Houzz Logo Print
karen58

My new kitchen

13 years ago
last modified: 13 years ago
I am almost finished my reno but need ideas for the type of furniture to go next to the fireplace = I have a beautiful antique wing chair that I could refiinsh but I'm not sure if that is what I want. The furniture I have in there is too big and I will be giving it to my daughter. I have not put anything on the walls because there are still finishing things that need to be done.

Comments (13)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    This room looks like a wing back chair belongs in it :)
  • 13 years ago
    this is my new kitchen
  • 13 years ago
    I messed up when i attached the images- pic 2 and 4 and this pic above are what the kitchen looks like now = the wall unit, ceiling fan, etc. are all gone
  • 13 years ago
    Well now I am confused. Remodeled kitchen is beautiful and modern. The fireplace room looks country. Are you planning on making the living area more modern?
  • 13 years ago
    I'm trying to keep the country feel = the cabinets are knotty alder and I am putting up some of my old tins. the lights over the island are insulators from railroad ware - I am hoping to make the fireplace area feel more modern but retain its character. The bricks are from an old brickworks yard and the picture doesn't do them justice. I love the warm reds and creams = I was thinking of chairs in earthy tones = I dont know
  • 13 years ago
    Don't put back so many of the tins. It looked too cluttered, I think, and 1980s. A few of the more interesting ones would be nice.
  • 13 years ago
    I hadn't planned on doing that = all the tins were shoved up on top when I took the cupboards over the peninsula down. I am just putting up a few of the ones I really like
  • 13 years ago
    That will look great!
  • 13 years ago
    Karen, I have that same "Poppin' Fresh" cookie jar from the early '70's! That is truly a collectors item. You must keep that in your new kitchen.
  • 13 years ago
    what kind of floors, is it laminate?
  • 13 years ago
    no = its vinyl planking
  • 13 years ago
    heather = I am giving the set to my daughter = it is an antique set from her grandparents My dilemma is do I do try for a couch and chair set or do I just look for some really comfy armchairs = I was thinking of something quite squarish = I love the idea of incorparting some of the aqua
Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio