Software
Houzz Logo Print
sw8689

Reframing traditional art

8 years ago

I'm reframing original traditional art, water color seascape and valuable from a well known artist. I have few contemporary works, yet all my pieces are original work that have personal meaning behind them and I insisted on using them in my redecorating and reno project. I have to reframe a few of the water colors as they are clearly in outdated frames. I have chosen what I consider contemporary thin wooden wooden frames and very neutral matts to float the pieces on. I have done this before but on old style frames and bolder colors in my old decor and it does look lovely. However. My color design consultant wants me to consider framing them sandwiched between acrylic with no Matt and no frame. I love that idea for contemporary and modern art. However I'm not sure a realist landscape, or seascape would lend itself to this style, especially considering most other art in this area of the house is framed..your thoughts please?


Comments (7)