Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
saypoint

Anyone remember the CT plant swaps?

I only went to a few of them, but I remember when the CT contingent was very active on this forum and there was enough interest to get together spring and fall. I used to fill the back of my SUV stacked two rows high with plants, and swore I wouldn’t bring much home, and every time I came home with as many goodies as I left with. I got so many beautiful plants at the swaps. I was most active on the forum between 2002 and 2008 and then took a break due to work. Plus I didn’t have room for any more plants, lol.

Comments (7)

• Saypoint zone 6 CT
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I know. There were so many people on the forums from CT back then. Very different now.

• Richard Dollard
    5 years ago

I am thinking the new format is hard to navigate for some folks.

Saypoint zone 6 CT thanked Richard Dollard
  • Saypoint zone 6 CT
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I suspect that people just lost interest in the forums over the years, along with the changes in ownership and format. I myself was off the forums for almost ten years due to work and other issues.

• mcsooey
    5 years ago

I remember them but I think I only attended once. It was fun but on the far side of the state for me. At least, it felt that way. It was nice and I met some nice gardeners.

sooey

Saypoint zone 6 CT thanked mcsooey
  • Marie Tulin
    5 years ago

I never got to a swap but met some of the wonderful conneticut forum people when some MA folks went to a few gardens down there. Several people still post here and I'm happy when they pop up with a comment or question I still miss George who was a prolific and knowlegeable contributor.

Saypoint zone 6 CT thanked Marie Tulin
  • Saypoint zone 6 CT
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I went to a gathering at George’s house once. It was a fun day.