Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (15)

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Jesse Hildreth is struggling to survive

    Mme. Leon Pain



    Of the two shrubs of Le Vesuve one may not survive; this one is still trying.

    The pepper tree on the right has been without water for at least 6 months.

    Tropical hurricane Rosa from the south hopefully will come up far enough north to give us some desperately needed rain.

  • 8 years ago

    I think you might get some, Ingrid. I wish you a lovely, long, gentle female rain.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked jerijen
  • 8 years ago

    Ingrid, I hope you get plenty of rain, and that your roses survive. The blooms are as beautiful as ever.

    The pepper tree must be quite sturdy. I've always liked your green plants and landscaping in your garden.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Krista_5NY
  • 8 years ago

    Jeri, if we do I'll try to pass it along to you; you need it just as much, as indeed does all of southern California. Perhaps this will be a harbinger of an El Nino winter, which would be an incredible blessing for our parched area.

  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Oh, I hope so much for that too. This drought is horrible. I love your garden, Ingrid, and my husband does too.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 8 years ago

    Thank you, Sheila. Nice to know that some men appreciate roses and gardens too, or maybe it's just the rugged landscape!

  • 8 years ago
    Ingrid, you will get the rain. I been watching news and hoping CA gets the rain. Geezs, I will be " singing in the rain ".
    Keep us updated . Your landscape is still beautiful.
    jin
  • 8 years ago

    Ingrid, your pepper tree brought back a sweet memory. Pepper trees don't grow where I live. My daughter-in-law sent a box full of the beautiful pink peppercorns, still attached to twigs and small branches with leaves. SO pretty. I kept them for years, until they finally faded and looked tattered from use. They're rather special here and very expensive in gift shops - if you can find them.

  • 8 years ago

    Wow, Sheila, that is one hunk of man holding up that hunk of rock. Thank you for the eye candy. All those muscles must be very useful for garden work!

  • 8 years ago

    Ingrid, I am grateful for all Joe's help for sure. He is the best hole digger ever. You can see we are very fond of boulders. I am so ready for rain, too. We got about 11.5 inches of rain this last rain year just concluded, which is 7 inches below the 18.5 inch norm. I see you got 3 inches, which was one third of your usual 9 inches and that is pathetic. We in the west seem to be in a particularly challenging time here. All very distressing.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
  • 8 years ago

    Sheila, I want to 'like' half your comment, and commiserate on the rest.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked titian1 10b Sydney
  • 8 years ago

    Well, we can still hope that the coming months will be kinder and that we'll have at least some of the rain we so badly need. As gardeners we always hope that good things will be just around the corner.

  • 8 years ago

    Ingrid, I hadn't heard of Hardscrabble Hill, so I googled it, and watched a video of a car going up it. I can see why you liken your place, in its present state. to it. Let's hope there is rain in your near future.

    ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9 thanked titian1 10b Sydney
  • 8 years ago

    Trish, I actually have not heard of the Hardscrabble Hill you mention and now will have to google it too! Overnight we had a smattering of rain, probably not enough to measure, but it washed down all the trees and plants and this morning the leaves have raindrops on them, so it doesn't look quite so hardscrabble!