Software
Houzz Logo Print
cldebuse

curious leaf variation

8 years ago
Note the elongated shape of the new leaf. I’m learning that the same plants grown in different places under different conditions can vary remarkably. This cutting came from a friend in St. Petersburg, FL. The mother plant lived outside in a hanging basket under a tree. I brought the cutting to Kansas City, rooted it easily in water and transplanted in soil, setting it outside for the summer. Within months it developed a new leaf. The new leaf is long, thin and flexible, while the old leaves are thicker, shorter and rigid. I don’t so much have a question, just wanted to share this fascinating variation. I will be curious to see how it changes with age. I’m fairly new to Hoya plants and have quickly become infatuated!
Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets
More Discussions