Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bcatauro

Coral Bedroom Help Decorating Please

bcatauro
5 years ago

This coral bedroom (all 4 walls) is 12x12. Should I decorate the two twin beds I plan to put in there with just white or cream and bring small amounts of coral and aqua in? Is it too much coral?

Comments (25)

• della70
    5 years ago

I think bedroom walls should be soothing and quiet and restful to encourage a good night's sleep. I would say this color is not conductive to those ends, but that's just me. I would repaint with a softer color. Is this a guest room? It might work in a child's room...maybe.

bcatauro thanked della70
  • apple_pie_order
    5 years ago

White or off white bedding would be fine. Use coral as an accent in throws folded on each bed or in pillows. If you like splashy, add some flamingo artwork in coral and black.

bcatauro thanked apple_pie_order
  • PRO
    Anńb
    5 years ago
    Love the color! I have a room with a similar color. In your case though i would do white/cream bedding and furniture with aqua decor. THe reason i would skip on doing aqua and coral decor is because chances are the coral decor will never be on point with the color of your room and it will just end up clashing.
    bcatauro thanked Anńb
  • Kicksychick
    5 years ago

More photos. Adding white/aqua will make it feel less formal. Adding white with black or grey will make the room feel more mature.

Pink Twin Bedroom · More Info

Owner's Bedroom · More Info

Newport Beach Project · More Info

Caribbean Residence · More Info

bcatauro thanked Kicksychick
  • doctornancy
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I think the room would be lovely decorated with creams and sand colors. Silver accents would be striking. I don't think adding aqua would contribute much. Consider painting the blades of the ceiling fan a cream color, also. Good luck - it has the makings of a lovely room.

bcatauro thanked doctornancy
  • tatts
    5 years ago

First, choose what color you're going to paint that room.

I can't imagine living with that color (or anything close to it).

• susiesworld
    5 years ago
    One of my guest rooms is that color. I call it my Hollywood bedroom. It’s decorated with framed vintage Vogue covers, white linen skirted bedcover, white dresser Apple green accents (curtains pillow shams )I have 3 guest rooms all decorated differently and this is the room all my guests want to stay in!
    bcatauro thanked susiesworld
  • susiesworld
    5 years ago
    Oh yea and gold accents. I spray painted the nightstands gold. Please don’t use aqua it will look dated in a few years.
  • susiesworld
    5 years ago
    And replace the ceiling fan with a pretty chandelier!
  • happyleg
    5 years ago

If going with a beach theme, use aqua & beige, blue.

bcatauro thanked happyleg
  • felizlady
    5 years ago
    I would definitely include a nice printed fabric which has some of this wall color: a modern floral with three or four colors could be used for a bed skirt, a couple of accent pillows and perhaps an upholstered chair. I would use white sheets and one of the other soft colors in the fabric for a bedspread (I like matelasse for bedspreads because of the stitched-quilted look). Add some nice art and window treatments to finish the room.
    bcatauro thanked felizlady
  • redoredone
    5 years ago

I assume since there are twin beds that this is a child's room. In that case, I don't think your coral walls are too much. I would not exchange the ceiling fan for any type of light fixture, as ceiling fans are excellent for keeping bedrooms comfortable.

bcatauro thanked redoredone
  • NancyD
    5 years ago
    I think you must like the coral or you’d be painting over it, so, no, I don’t think it’s too much. Some people may want a soothing color in a bedroom, but I think you should use a color that makes you happy, that makes the room beautiful in your eyes. If I’m awake, I want a color I love; otherwise, especially in a bedroom, I’m sleeping!
  • PRO
    Finstads Carpet One
    5 years ago
    @bcatauro what is this room used for? You mention two twin beds. Is it for guests or kids? If for kids, what age? I think adding a shade of aqua in the decor, bedding, or pillows
    would complement the corral very well. I don’t like to think of colors being “out of style”. It all depends on how it’s used. Color is an expression of a combination of personality and style. I’ve seen Houzz articles that show houses with rooms full of vibrant colors and patterns and it looks fabulous. It may not be for everyone but it’s what make an individual happy in their living space. More info on your room, please.
  • groveraxle
    5 years ago

Steven Gambrel Time and Place · More Info

Traditional Bedroom · More Info

Traditional Bedroom · More Info

• functionthenlook
    5 years ago

Have you thought of using a pale yellow as an accent color.

• mcpherson007
    5 years ago

I just love the color!

• Irene Morresey
    5 years ago
    Some inspiration
    bcatauro thanked Irene Morresey
  • annz3
    5 years ago

Here is my inspiration picture for the guest room in my Florida home. I love the soft coral color

bcatauro thanked annz3
  • groveraxle
    5 years ago

Bedding from Pottery Barn:

• saratogaswizzlestick
    5 years ago

I have a very similiar color in one of my bedrooms. I have a coastal theme with big navy and white horizontal striped curtains and blue and white coastal bedding. Large oversize Mercury glass lamps flank the bed. I have a navy upholstered headboard with antique silver nailhead edging and white furniture. So nice to have some color - everyone is stuck in a neutral rut.

bcatauro thanked saratogaswizzlestick
  • doctornancy
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Wow, Grover, you out did yourself with your photoshop. Great job! Nice to have an empty room, no?

• Sarah Lund
    2 years ago

Hi. My bedroom in my flat is a coral colour. I've got light grey carpet, light grey wardrobe, light grey chest of drawers, light grey bedside table, coral painted walls, and coral curtains, if that's of any help. Coral is a beautiful colour. Not bigging my own bedroom up of course. 😉

• victoria1945
    2 years ago

I like the coral color. It looks very elegant with black, grey, white, cream options in the above comments. My opinion, the pastel colors and brassy finishes take away from the coral color.